Problem w/Ocean Revive LED blue bulbs

RobertN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
190
Reaction score
58
Location
San Fernando Valley, Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All--
So I have 2 Ocean Revive LED boxes (Chinese box LED's) attached under my canopy. I've had them for about 3 years now. Just the other day, one of the two boxes started to have a strange problem. All of the blue bulbs faded to a light purple/lavender color all at the same time. They didn't go completely out and it wasn't just one or two of them that were affected.
Has anyone heard of something like this happening and know what happened? And the $64,000 question is, is it possible to fix it or is that box trash now?
Thanks much! Robert
 
What tools do you have? Multimeter?

Options are bad LED in the mix or bad driver.

I don't really have any special tools for electrical work. I'm pretty weak with the know-how about that subject. I certainly would like to learn. I would need a multimeter to determine whether it was a bad diode or a bad driver?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new