Problem with ATO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is weird as I’m having the same issue. This just started the other day. I bought mine in August. I had one on my past tank, this one was replacing an Apex unit, which was great. My only issue with this unit up until now is that the pump, when on, is extremely loud.
I had to manually fill again last night, wiped the sensor clean again, and the to low sensor went off. Will see how it does today..
What is strange is I will plug it in, runs for 10 sec. then pump shuts off with a to low signal. I’ll unplug and try again but then the pump won’t run. Seems to need a minute or two before it will run again. Won’t run for the 10 minutes...

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have issues with the low water alarm have you tipped the pump upside down to see if there's any air trapped inside the pump?? This happens to mine when I let the reservoir get extremely low or run dry then refill it

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have issues with the low water alarm have you tipped the pump upside down to see if there's any air trapped inside the pump?? This happens to mine when I let the reservoir get extremely low or run dry then refill it

I have not tried that I am going to soak it and clean it in vinegar and tip the pump upside down tonight and see where that gets me and I will post the results

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that I am going to soak it and clean it in vinegar and tip the pump upside down tonight and see where that gets me and I will post the results

Try tipping the pump upside down when it's in your RODI reservoir and running before removing it for cleaning.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the too low light comes on after 10 minutes, that is a bad pump or the water level is really too low (it could not top it off within 10 minutes). Make sure that only the too low light is on, too low and too high means the unit has water damage. If too low comes on alone in under a minute the controller has lost its settings and needs to come in to be reset, typically this happens when a power surge or harsh switching erases the timers.

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the too low light comes on after 10 minutes, that is a bad pump or the water level is really too low (it could not top it off within 10 minutes). Make sure that only the too low light is on, too low and too high means the unit has water damage. If too low comes on alone in under a minute the controller has lost its settings and needs to come in to be reset, typically this happens when a power surge or harsh switching erases the timers.

Last edited:

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72acbb18432b6f10547c8c150343c9ac.jpg

I think it needs reset. Like I said runs maybe 10sec then shuts off The too low light blinks. If I lift the float in the sump the alarm sounds and the red light for too high comes on. How do I go about getting it sent in to reset settings? I tried tipping pump upside down with no luck

Last edited:

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue I just have to add more rodi myself mine will also run and run and never seems to shut off unless I add water myself. Absolutely junk I won’t buy I’ve conttecyed tunzie a few times and done everything the guy has told me and I still have issues the first issue was the pump going bad a week after I bought it new the day before my 2 week vacation.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back