Problem with GCC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I notice a problem with GCC. I cannot connect to my Profilux 4 through GCC. None of the IP settings have changed in the Profilux and everything else still works (I can use GCC to connect to both of my Mitra LX7s). Heck I can even connect to the Profilux through MYGHL. But both the direct connection through the static IP and GCC are down.

Please advise.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the router to see if the IP is still the same inside. And also use USB to go into GCC to check the P4 WIFI module status if possible. And try to delete the P4 connection in GCC and create a new one might help.

OP
OP
cpllongjk

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try creating a new connection but the strange thing is I am connecting to the P4 just fine through MyGHL which means that the IP address is working just fine... also when doing Ping on the address I have no packet loss.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same weirdness .. Deleting the connection and re-creating it fixed it.

OP
OP
cpllongjk

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same weirdness .. Deleting the connection and re-creating it fixed it.
I tried this and nothing. I still cannot connect. I will break out the wired connection later and try to see what's going on. I just find it strange that my router says the ip is correct, I can ping the profilux with no packet loss, and mhghl is working fine.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had have the same problem (however do not check My GHL) I had to restart my P4 - after that it work. The problem first arise around a week after I have connected to MyGHL. After the second incident - I shout down MyGHL - the problem has not happen after I shout down MyGHL. Instead I work with the app GHL connect - IMO - its much easier to work with - if you only wan´t to check and change more standard issues. I use port Forwarding from my network and password protect the webpage.

Probably it is not need to say that if you have been in administration view and change anything (or probably only been there) you have to shout down the GCC totally and restart the whole GCC. If you only go back to the start window of GCC and try to connect - from there it does not work (if they not have change that in recent upgrades) But after a program restart it works well (maybe a german version of the famous Norwegian reset :) (at least famous in Sweden :)))
Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this issue a couple times. Restarting the profilux and my computer worked to solve it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that if I loose connection To my P4 via my pc and phone app I log into myghl web portal and it shows connected, if I click on it within the myghl web portal I then can connect to it via my PC.

OP
OP
cpllongjk

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its seems to be some problems with TCP/IP connection to the P4 through GCC and through the app when MyGHL is connected. @Marco@GHLUSA any thoughts?

Sincerely Lasse

I just tried disconnecting my P4 from MyGHL and nothing. I will make a wired connection next from PC to P4 to see if I can log in that way.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back