Problem with Hannah checker

Surfside74

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
777
Reaction score
181
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

I have a Hannah alkalinity checker and I am having an issue with it. It seems that the reading is constantly off. I have a hydros iv pro and it says my alk is about 10. The Hannah checker says it’s about 7.8. I used another two test kits of different brand (sailfert and Red Sea) and they both say it’s about 10 as well. I have switched bottles of reagent thinking I got a bad batch but I’m on my third bottle and the readings still don’t add up. Anyone else had an issue like this ?
 
I recommend that you’ll will spend some money and get the Fauna Marin multi standard. That will solve your issue. I think that tropic marine also has a standard like this.
 
So I ran into something similar with my Hanna.
What I did was buy some reference solution. I tested that with my checker and reagent and found it was reading about 0.6 dkh low.
So now with this set I’m just adding 0.6 to the reading. Now as big as an 8 -> 10 swing but I’d trust your titration value.
Hanna has been great for me and but changing reagents seems to really mess with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new