Problem with my toadstool

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkz2970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jkz2970

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Messages
53
Reaction score
16
Location
smyna
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260501_201932_0C502208-2553-4F30-A8BB-072165FEE2BB.png


20260501_201932_41038617-2680-4CC0-9AF4-C6183F03E831.png

I’ve had this toadstool over a year. It was growing very big and I had to clown fish that were using it as a home. I added GFO because my phosphate was high and it started to look horrible so I moved it and it rebound it. I stopped using GFO during that time. My phosphate increased again and I started using GFO and now look what it looks like. This picture was taken at night with the lights off, but you can see the necrotic or dead material in white. Should I frag it? Or dip it in lugo iodine. I don’t really want to stop using GFO
 
Leathers are you easiest barometer on your reef tank and issues. Mine is always telling me how things are going.
 
20260503_160348_363EAA93-FD97-495B-BE52-D10DC8A2A733.png

This is it during the day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new