Problem with new osmolator 3155 Tunze

Tropicreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I connected everything exactly according to the manual. The optical sensor is almost half submerged in the water, it is definitely 1 cm below the water surface. Mechanical sensor on a separate magnet, above. I turn on the osmolator and what ... all the LEDs light up as it should be. then the "level" LED lights up and the pump turns on. Why? after all, the optical sensor is submerged. For now, I do not use ato . What is the reason for this action I do not know, the optical sensor is clean.Please hulp

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I connected everything exactly according to the manual. The optical sensor is almost half submerged in the water, it is definitely 1 cm below the water surface. Mechanical sensor on a separate magnet, above. I turn on the osmolator and what ... all the LEDs light up as it should be. then the "level" LED lights up and the pump turns on. Why? after all, the optical sensor is submerged. For now, I do not use ato . What is the reason for this action I do not know, the optical sensor is clean.Please hulp
It's supposed to do that. Whenever the power gets connected it goes for a 15 sec run to prime the line and bleed off air

OP
OP
T

Tropicreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, so can I now use the container after starting it, so that the water flows into it, because I already have refilled water in the main tank?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, so can I now use the container after starting it, so that the water flows into it, because I already have refilled water in the main tank?
I'm not sure I entirely understand that question. You should have the sensor of the ato in the return pump chamber of your sump, mounted at the water level youd like to keep in that chamber. Then, the white and blue plastic pump on your ato should be set in any container of your choice, filled with freshwater (rodi or distilled). Then just plug it in. It will run some freshwater into the sump, and then stop after a few seconds. You don't need to do anything else but fill up the freshwater container when it starts running low.

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time you turn the ato on after it has been completely shut off it will run the priming period. Once that is over (15 seconds) it will operate via the optical sensor. Just turn it on let it go until it shuts back off and then leave it

OP
OP
T

Tropicreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if I can use some container, because I already refilled my tank with fresh water. So water from freshwater RO chamber could flow into container instead of sump or main tank. I don't want to have to high water level that is why

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if I can use some container, because I already refilled my tank with fresh water. So water from freshwater RO chamber could flow into container instead of sump or main tank. I don't want to have to high water level that is why
That's fine, but it's not necessary. The excess freshwater will just evaporate off over a day and won't affect your salinity, unless you have like a 6 liter tank.

OP
OP
T

Tropicreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One important question: d this will be the first start of the osmolator (after the last failed one) . So - should I place the optical sensor immersed with a pointed point in the place where I want the minimum water level to be? because that's what I did.
Or- should the sensor be above the water?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One important question: d this will be the first start of the osmolator (after the last failed one) . So - should I place the optical sensor immersed with a pointed point in the place where I want the minimum water level to be? because that's what I did.
Or- should the sensor be above the water?
Tip of the point touching the water, maybe 1mm deep.

OP
OP
T

Tropicreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how it works? I was sure that the sensor must be submerged, because now I have the maximum water level I want. I thought that when the water evaporates and the sensor is above the water surface, then the pump will turn on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back