Problems Running a New 6095 (with controller) with a 7095

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 7095 with an older nanostream 6095 (no external controller). The controller ramps the current up and down, and the pump never completely shuts off. I acquired a new 6095 with controller and hooked it up. I selected the "external controller" setting on the new 6095's controller. The problem is that it instead of ramping up and down like the other controller, it completely shuts down. In other words, this pump is either off or on, while the other pump cycles up and down and never completely shuts off. Can they be synched so that the new 6095 works like the older 6095 and alternates between high and low and never completely shuts down?

Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This applies for all new pumps with controller paired to any of the older model controllers like 7095 and 7096. The control voltage changed and the signal needs to be calibrated as follows-

1. Connect the 6055 to your 7095 controller
2. Please turn your 7095, to the minimum power of 30% on both speed settings for the channel it is connected to.
3. Turn the 6055 to the external mode (yellow LED lit).
4. Turn the "pulse power" dial on the 7090 to the middle position
5. Hold the Foodtimer button on the 7090, watch the dial on "pulse power” until you see a short flash of the blue LED continue to hold the button.
6. Turn "pulse power" until the 6055 starts in the minimal range, it may need to be turned in either direction, turn slowly until it starts then let go of the food timer button.

If this does not work, what has worked best for me is to then find the minimum speed on the 7095 that the 6055 will run on, set the speed a little below that, so if it runs at 60% try 50% and repeat the calibration so it runs at 50%, then repeat slowly stepping it down in increments of about 10% until the pump starts at 30%. I have had it take as many as 7 tries but usually it works in 1.

OP
OP
Tennsquire

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll give that a shot this evening. Will it need to be calibrated each time I unplug it and take it out of the tank to clean?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, just set it once, watch the pump carefully and stop tuning once it starts as otherwise you risk turning up the lower speed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back