Problems with Clarisea SK-5000

Thomas Eshraghi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my unit for less than 1 year on my Red Sea Reefer 750XXL. Within that time, the power LED on the remote control stopped working, and now my float valve sticks constantly and overflows the unit. When I tap the unit on the side next to the of the float it registers and rolls the fleece.

So I have emailed D&D via their website for support and no response now for 1 week.

That's some pretty shotty craftsmanship and support for the cost of the unit if you ask me. Especially for what it's costing me for fleece.

Any suggestions?

Thomas

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for the review Ive been planning on desighning my next sump around one of those.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Eshraghi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update, I still have not heard from support at all. You judge the time on that one lol.

I replaced my float valve with a cheap dollar something one from BRS. It was near dentical.

It's been working perfect since. Except my controller LEDs.

JonStephensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been having trouble with my sk-5000 for a while. I've changed my roll to the larger rolls and for some reason there's not enough detritus to fill the roll causing the unit to not operate within 8 hours. I'm currently manually operating it with the remote, not ideal! my rolls also don't seem to stay straight so I think I may have built the thing wrong or its just junk lol

Have you tried contacting them through facebook? I did this last time and got an almost instant response. This is what I'll be trying.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Eshraghi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I have the same problems with my rolls not staying on straight. They bunch up in the middle after a week.
I have not contacted them via facebook. I went to their corporate website and responded to their customer support. They should check all sources. I still haven't heard from them. I'd never buy another one of their products after this.

Noobreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I just emailed them about my BLUE led indicating POWER went out but still working alright otherwise.

The replied within 5minutes! However, mine is only 3 months old when the LED went out tho.

Any other feedback on it?

Zbryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I have the same problems with my rolls not staying on straight. They bunch up in the middle after a week.
I have not contacted them via facebook. I went to their corporate website and responded to their customer support. They should check all sources. I still haven't heard from them. I'd never buy another one of their products after this.

It’s an old post, but any updates? I’m having the same bunching up issue.

Zbryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you fitted the support bar where the roll exits on the nylon thread
Thank you for the reply. I contacted clairsea support, who had me contact ecotech. They sent me a roller/spacer to install for free. It has 100% fixed my issue.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back