Problems with Ecotech Setup

jherm50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 40 gal NUVO with an included Radion XR15W G4 from a friend. I wanted to adjust the lighting to maximize benefit for my softies, nems, and limited SPS. I created an account with Ecotech to control my radions and tried to control the radion but could not get it to work. Since then, I have tried setting the radion up on my mac (about 6 years old), my fiance's new model mac, and I even purchased a new dell computer. I cannot control the radion on either of these computers (I've tried chrome and firefox as browsers, disabled all firewalls etc). To bypass this, I thought purchasing a reeflink would allow me to control the radion, but once again, I cannot get my computer to recognize the reeflink. When i plug the reeflink into my computer, the setup prompt displays and I can get to the "reeflink details" software page. But when I sign into ecosmart live with google chrome and click on devices, the screen goes blank (as if the link is dead). When I click on "Aquarium setup" and "download connection manager," the links are also dead. I know that there have been many people with this same problem, but I havent found an answer. Calling tech support is nearly impossible because their schedule mirrors my work schedule (which I completely understand), but I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems and has found a solution. Mods can kill or move this post if needed, just desperate and looking for help. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
jherm50

jherm50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update, I was able to call EcoTech and speak with a person on their support team. During the phone call, the reeflink worked perfectly, he got the light connected right away and now I am in the acclimation phase. I spent so many hours with this problem on my own, only to compare it to taking your vehicle to the mechanic and the vehicle drives perfectly. At any rate, I still dont know what the problem was, nor how it magically fixed itself. Im pretty happy with the XR15, but the reeflink itself randomly goes offline and switches from the solid blue ring to the orange/red/green status on the device. The Radion stays on when the reeflink goes offline and I can unplug/plug it back in to refresh, I just dont know if its accurately progressing my acclimation process.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back