Problems with Vertex Puratek 4 stage 100 gpd ro/di

anthias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my ro/di in 2013. Last year the gauge that works the countdown, and shows when water is running and backwashing etc. went bad, and was replaced with a new one. I change my filters and the membrane every 2 years. About 3 weeks ago, it was time to change filters and membrane again. I have been unable to get hold of Vertex in any way, shape or form. They won't answer phone calls, emails, or messages through facebook. I had called the company that I bought the unit from, and I was told that they no longer deal with Vertex because they were having too many problems. So I was told that all filters and membranes are pretty much generic, and that the filters and membranes he now sells will work. So we changed out all the filters, and the membrane. On that day, we ran an additional 5 gallons of water to make sure everything was good and working ok, which it was. I noticed this week when I was running water the the tds meter on the unit was at 15, and then just kept going up. I contacted the store I bought everything from and he said all his membranes and filters were good. I did find out that maybe we didn't have the membrane pushed back in cannister far enough, so we did that. Didn't change anything. Numbers still going up. Also my tds meter was reading high also. One thing I want to add, the water is pouring out, just as if I turned on the faucet. Before I changed filters, it was running, but not with that much force. I though that was due to filters needing to be changed, and even anticipated it to run better, but normally it would take my ro/di about 50 minutes to fill my ro/di bucket of fresh water, but now takes 20 minutes. I contacted supplier again and asked him to please send me another membrane, as that one may be faulty. He did and I received today. Tried it again, and this time it maxed out the tds meter on unit at 50 and wouldn't quit flashing. Anyone have any help as to what may be wrong?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1568566306890.png

Chevron07Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with similar issues with my Vertex RO/DI unit. From January 2013, my unit has been running 100% until last year.
I spoke with someone from Vertex (over the phone), but they said everyone's in a meeting and to email them with details, without any response.

Did you decided to buy a different brand of RO/DI unit?

I purchased my ro/di in 2013. Last year the gauge that works the countdown, and shows when water is running and backwashing etc. went bad, and was replaced with a new one. I change my filters and the membrane every 2 years. About 3 weeks ago, it was time to change filters and membrane again. I have been unable to get hold of Vertex in any way, shape or form. They won't answer phone calls, emails, or messages through facebook. I had called the company that I bought the unit from, and I was told that they no longer deal with Vertex because they were having too many problems. So I was told that all filters and membranes are pretty much generic, and that the filters and membranes he now sells will work. So we changed out all the filters, and the membrane. On that day, we ran an additional 5 gallons of water to make sure everything was good and working ok, which it was. I noticed this week when I was running water the the tds meter on the unit was at 15, and then just kept going up. I contacted the store I bought everything from and he said all his membranes and filters were good. I did find out that maybe we didn't have the membrane pushed back in cannister far enough, so we did that. Didn't change anything. Numbers still going up. Also my tds meter was reading high also. One thing I want to add, the water is pouring out, just as if I turned on the faucet. Before I changed filters, it was running, but not with that much force. I though that was due to filters needing to be changed, and even anticipated it to run better, but normally it would take my ro/di about 50 minutes to fill my ro/di bucket of fresh water, but now takes 20 minutes. I contacted supplier again and asked him to please send me another membrane, as that one may be faulty. He did and I received today. Tried it again, and this time it maxed out the tds meter on unit at 50 and wouldn't quit flashing. Anyone have any help as to what may be wrong?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have one of these as well. Only had it running since Jan of this year and have not had to change out any filters or membrane yet. I did buy a full set from Marine Depot to have in hand when needed. Not thrilled to hear that you guys are having problems. Please keep posting your results. Thanks.

Garreth Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TDS prong has to be in the correct orientation water passes through the two prongs , have you checked you havnt moved it out of alignment ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back