Procedural question... Do we have procedures?

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMB_UEj7O8.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi all- this isn't my usual "what is this?", "how should I", "look how cool this is!" post... It's a question about how things are done on R2R.

Why are so many people "reacting" to so many of my undeserving- often inane- comments? People can't possibly be that friendly, nor should they be that attentive to what I'm saying....
Are there participation points for clicking? Are we just over-conditioned by reddit? (I'm old and only recently discovered that platform)

Don't get me wrong. I love it. I feel so accepted and significant.... But also bewildered.
Thanks, all for being so friendly and welcoming!
Sorry to hear and against the ethics of R2R
Ask questions as deemed necessary and include pics under white lighting and details when any unusual circumstance arises
Badges often come in time and with participation

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people do it out of habit to acknowledge that they read and like your post. There is no incentive for the person leaving a reaction. But yes, there are many nice people here! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
And as a PS, if you post in this section with the “Hello” tag, people may reply without reading your entire post.
I usually reply saying welcome then go back and read the post to see if there is more to respond too. It tripped me up this time haha.

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That said, there are no participation points for clicking (at least not that I'm aware of) - it's probably just people being friendly, but in a lot of cases it might be someone agreeing with what you said, someone enjoying reading what you wrote, or just someone acknowledging your statement.
Yes! We just have an amazingly supportive community. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Back