Prodibio Biodigest instead of startup?

Qasim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As it says in the subject, i have mistakenly bought prodibio biodigest insted of prodibio startup. I was wondering if I can use prodibio biodigest to start a new tank with dry sand and dry rock? Or I have to put a piece of shrimp or fish into the aquarium to kick start the bacteria?

I would like to know if i have a chance in using biodigest to speed cycle my tank and start adding fish maybe after a month or earlier?

Your info, directions and suggestion are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Q

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are 2 different products and should not be used interchangeably. Biodigest is designed for established tanks that need additional bacteria /enzymes to help clean the tank. Your tank is brand new so there is nothing to clean yet. It won't do anything to really speed the cycling process. You need the type of bacteria in the Startup product.

Regardless of their claims, none of these products really let you skip cycling. They may however, shorten it slightly.

Use the shrimp.

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get Dr. Tim's. I don't normally endorse products but it works. The will also give you an ammonia source and instructions for free. You can cycle in about 5 days.

OP
OP
Qasim

Qasim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So from what I have read Biodigest is the nitrifying bacteria and it needs to feed on something to stay alive. Today I added my second vial into the tank after about two weeks of adding thw first one. I have reeflowers bacteria feeder should I use it to feed the biodigest nitrifying bacteria? Im getting into my fourth week now my water parameters are still the same in the beginning they were zero I mean ammonia and nitrite and nitrate even ph was low. Now everything is up but not seem to go down. What do you suggest should I dose 2ml of reeflowers bacteria feeder into the tank? There is no live stock in the tank yet.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back