Profile of a Reef Aquarist (#4)

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words!! Very glad you guys liked the tank :)

Most of the algae I got from trading / buying from hobbyist, and some from scrounging around LFS for their liverock bin or sometime it'll be attached to a piece of coral.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words!! Very glad you guys liked the tank :)

Most of the algae I got from trading / buying from hobbyist, and some from scrounging around LFS for their liverock bin or sometime it'll be attached to a piece of coral.

Three other questions I have for you-
1. How do you feed/dose food to the tank? What’s the feeding schedule and load like?

2. What’s the water change routine like?

3. How do you attach Macroalgae to rocks? Is it just twine or do you use glue too?

4th bonus question- what algaes if any would you recommend for a more regular reef tank?

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three other questions I have for you-
1. How do you feed/dose food to the tank? What’s the feeding schedule and load like?

2. What’s the water change routine like?

3. How do you attach Macroalgae to rocks? Is it just twine or do you use glue too?

4th bonus question- what algaes if any would you recommend for a more regular reef tank?

1. I feed primarily Reef Nutrition and Reef Roid, I usually do 2-3 feeding per day with the pump turned off for about 30 minutes. First is 15 or so drops of Phytofeast to get everything to open up, then I do Tigger pods / ROE / Beta Brine to feed the fish and some NPS, finally I do some Roti Feast or Reef Roid to feed the smaller polyp / filter feeders.

2. I just do a 20G water change every 7-10 days.

3 . I used to use glue but most seem to melt at will and float somewhere else, though some species do ok with being glued. I try to use fishing lines now and that seem to work pretty well.

4. I'd say any tough ones that Tang might now eat, Gracilaria Hayi or Fuchea would be some I'd try. My main worry for them in a reef tank would be nutrient if you don't have enough.

Rockytop_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your incredible tank! Whenever I upgrade to a bigger system, I really want to add a display refugium. You’ve definitely inspired my vision of what that can look like.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I feed primarily Reef Nutrition and Reef Roid, I usually do 2-3 feeding per day with the pump turned off for about 30 minutes. First is 15 or so drops of Phytofeast to get everything to open up, then I do Tigger pods / ROE / Beta Brine to feed the fish and some NPS, finally I do some Roti Feast or Reef Roid to feed the smaller polyp / filter feeders.

Your tank is amazing. I can't stop looking at it. LOL Thanks so much for your support!

If you ever have any questions, or if you are interested in some of our other products, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Chad
Team Reef Nutrition

ErikT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent tank and informative article. Any advise on where to shop for algae you mention?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back