ProfiLux 3.1N EX Questions

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I am considering purchasing a ProfiLux 3.1N EX controller for my new aquarium build ( used of course, I am aware they are discontinued ) and had a couple questions that I was not able to answer for myself with online documentation.

My main concern is the connectivity. I am aware that there is a usb and lan connection, however I would like to use an Ipad as the main control device, which does not have either usb or lan. Based on the manuals I gather that you can only set it up via the buttons on the device, or a usb/lan connection. I am fine with doing the initial setup with a PC if that is required, however I want to make sure that after the initial setup I could simply use an Ipad with a wireless connection to control it.

I would also like to be able to control the device when I am away, is this possible?

Additionally, what is the web server option that this controller has, does this have anything to do with connectivity?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It floods your router with DHCP requests. This causes things to be flaky. It is why their connection is less than fun. Also different routers react to the constant requests differently. I have a beefy router and it still managed to fail regularly.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I am considering purchasing a ProfiLux 3.1N EX controller for my new aquarium build ( used of course, I am aware they are discontinued ) and had a couple questions that I was not able to answer for myself with online documentation.

My main concern is the connectivity. I am aware that there is a usb and lan connection, however I would like to use an Ipad as the main control device, which does not have either usb or lan. Based on the manuals I gather that you can only set it up via the buttons on the device, or a usb/lan connection. I am fine with doing the initial setup with a PC if that is required, however I want to make sure that after the initial setup I could simply use an Ipad with a wireless connection to control it.

I would also like to be able to control the device when I am away, is this possible?

Additionally, what is the web server option that this controller has, does this have anything to do with connectivity?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!
Firmware upgrades can only be done by means of a USB connection. Be aware of that

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back