Profilux 4 Help

Krypler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a profilux 4e and having issues on setup. I connected via the internal hotspot 192.168.4.1 and can control the unit via the local hotspot. When I set the WiFi by either the auto IP or static IP, I can’t get into the profilux. The unit shows a solid yellow light on the WiFi and I also completed a firmware update via the GCC program using the usb connector and still can’t get connected to the unit via WiFi or via myGHL. Any thoughts on what else to do?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a profilux 4e and having issues on setup. I connected via the internal hotspot 192.168.4.1 and can control the unit via the local hotspot. When I set the WiFi by either the auto IP or static IP, I can’t get into the profilux. The unit shows a solid yellow light on the WiFi and I also completed a firmware update via the GCC program using the usb connector and still can’t get connected to the unit via WiFi or via myGHL. Any thoughts on what else to do?
Not familiar with GHL at all (though I do want to get one soon), but did you make sure when you set it up you connected it to your 2.4GHz wireless and not 5GHz wireless? If you have both, but they use the same SSID (Network name), change the 2.4GHz to NetworkName1 and leave the 5GHz the way it is. Then retry the connection to NetworkName1, I've had several devices fail to connect when my networks are named the same, so I separated them and now everything works.

OP
OP
Krypler

Krypler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just connected to the 2.4 network vs the 5GHz WiFi and still can’t get connected. Frustrating for sure. Any other thoughts?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Following along. I am gonna set mine up today hopefully... If I can figure out how lol

OP
OP
Krypler

Krypler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally figured it out, had to do with DNS settings. Put at 8.8.8.8 and it connected right up to myGHL.

Thanks for the help.

Scotts210g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is the one of the most difficult devices to connect - if you make one choice to use as access point - it shuts off the wifi - ie being able to find GHL as a wifi connection and cannot be undone. I enter all the information correctly and it flat out will NOT connect to the internet. The "video" links that customer service sends out answer nothing - it DOES NOT WORK!

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally figured it out, had to do with DNS settings. Put at 8.8.8.8 and it connected right up to myGHL.

Thanks for the help.
Is this for the direct connection with your Profilux access point or for the "second" wi-fi profilux? If for the second wi-fi profilux, are you using a static IP or an auto IP address?

actually, more specifically, where do you make this DNS change? I only find it under the home wi-fi information, and it only becomes accessible if I turn off auto-IP - but then I have to enter in all the other information (IP address, Subnet Mask, Default gateway, and DNS server)? Can you give us the information for those other inputs?

Thanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back