Profilux 4 lost all connectivity after requesting firmware update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Juslen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at my wit's end! My Profilux 4 stopped connecting via mobile after it requested a firmware update, but the unit won't connect at all via USB nor will create a hotspot after powercycling countless times. I've submitted a ticket and had an emergency firmware update done, which worked, but I still have connectivity issues.

I'm fighting the clock because my reef system has been off the controller for three days now, and it controls two sisters and a KH director.

To make matters worse, the unit itself keeps beeping and pressing the left button (like it was jammed) and it's a pain to use the front panel for controls.

Please help, and thanks!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did the emergency wifi update, then all the settings need to be put back in for the WiFi. Did you do those settings? Also if the emergency update was done your SMTP settings will also need to be re-done.

OP
OP
J

Juslen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the emergency update, but Vinny linked me the wifi module tool. I'm back up and running now!

There was a bit of funkyness I needed to workaround to get it to work, and I'll be glad to elaborate of anyone else has the same problems.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back