GHL • Wifi connection lost after power outage/interruption ProfiLux 4

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power outages/interruptions are inevitable here in South Florida with all the storms rolling through. Last week I experienced 2x brief power outages. When power was restored my GHL ProfiLux 4 (Firmware 7.33) failed to connect to my network via WiFi preventing me from connecting using myGHL. (myGHL.com)

In order to remedy I have to physically power cycle or connect using Prflx's own hotspot. Both options require me to be at home. If a power outage occurs while I'm not home I won't be able to access the controller.

Anybody else experience this and able to resolve?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not certain, but I have an issue with WiFi connection with my SA 2.1 doser after the last update. I have a feeling it is the Update that has something to do with connection. I hardwired the doser to the network until a new update is released.

If you have not submitted a support ticket, I would suggest to file a ticket with GHL. Filing a ticket will let GHL know there is an issues with you controller connecting to WiFi.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes that happens here too, I am in Washington state..... I found out, when that happens, my router changes IP address. frustrating

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens every time we have a power outage. All of my switches and router shut down. When the power is restored everything reconnects except my P4. I have to power cycle the P4 to get it connected. I didn’t creat a ticket yet, but was hoping someone might know if its a setting or a firmware issue.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I do is have static IPs set for my controllers in my router. I also have my router and controllers on UPS, so they do not loose power.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back