I can no longer connect through MyGHL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't connect to my Profilux either through the myghl.com website, or through the MyGHL device in the GHL Connect app. This was working until recently. I think the problem started happening with the new app update. Is nobody else seeing this?

I can still connect through the local connection via wifi. I've been living with this for the last week or so, but I'm leaving tomorrow for a week-long trip and I really need to be able to connect remotely to be able to monitor the system.

I've tried rebooting the Profilux, that doesn't help. I also tried updating the firmware to 7.33 (I was on 7.32 when this issue began), but that didn't help either.

My network seems fine, and I am able to connect via myghl to a Mitras light in my system. And when I do connect locally using the app, I can see history for my sensors - I believe the profilux uses an outgoing connection to store history into the cloud, correct?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Open the app and hit the sprocket looking icon in the upper right hand and make sure my GHL is connected in there. If you are connecting through a wireless device try putting it in airplane mode, then turn it back off and try connecting.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open the app and hit the sprocket looking icon in the upper right hand and make sure my GHL is connected in there. If you are connecting through a wireless device try putting it in airplane mode, then turn it back off and try connecting.
My MyGHL settings are specified correctly in there. But I don't know what you mean - how do you see if it's "connected"?

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted to try updating the WiFi firmware on the profilux. I'm currently on 7141. If I look on the GHL site, this is what I see for the latest firmware:

But, strangely, that doesn't actually say what version it is. So I don't know if I'm already on the latest firmware or not.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Check myGHL access is still enabled on System page.

Gaël

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Check myGHL access is still enabled on System page.

Gaël
Yes it is. I already checked that. I also tried disabling it, hitting save, then re-enabling it. That didn't help either.

But after further digging, I realized that some of what I said above is not true. Although I can access sensor history in the app, the history for all sensors appears to have stopped yesterday at 4PM. I can't think of what might have happened then that caused this. But that makes me wonder if it was true that I haven't been able to access through MyGHL for over a week. I do know that I have to continually terminate the app and reconnect, and that I seem to have better luck connecting directly than through MyGHL. But I can't say for sure that MyGHL hasn't been working at all, for that long. Perhaps it did work recently for me. But it definitely isn't working now.

Any other suggestions, anyone? I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and it will be a problem if I can't access the system for a week.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a temporary port forwarding until the problem is resolved

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back