Profilux 4 WiFi Module update not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been following the steps in the Video on how to update the P4 WIFI module, but unfortunately it is not working.

I am choosing the 6376 firmware folder. Initially it would wait a bit and than say there was an error and could not install the firmware. Than I thought about disconnect and close the GCC before doing the update. This time it said that it was successful, but right after that a Microsoft Edge window pops up saying that GHL is requiring me to input my username and password...??? I do not have either so than it just blocks up and when I go back to the Profilux4 dashboard in the version it just sais n.a.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have access to the Profilux via WiFi in GCC which seems odd given the failed firmware update...?

On another note, the P4 firmware is the 7.06... maybe that is the issue...?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP! Decided to update Firmware to latest version and it said that it had successfully done so. It appears as version 7.07. I than proceeded to restore the settginsd from file which went ok. After that I decided to restore sensor settings and the hole thing broke down, as half way through it displayed an error message saying that it could not restore certain files. After that the hole thing froze and now GCC simply cannot connect to the P4, either via ethernet or via WiFi.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely your ProfiLux 4 and GCC reverted to factory settings but you cannot restore sensor settings when updating to 7.07, measurement sensor data was updated and prior measurement data is not compatible.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! For some reason things have slowly improved... I ca now connect via GCC both wired and wireless. The probes seem to have slowly came back except the Salinity probe which reverted back to conductivity and am not sure if it has restored calibration. I am still unable to update wifi module update, as I keep getting the message below:

37bb41132ae70055afc2514c21e23e00.jpg

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! For some reason things have slowly improved... I ca now connect via GCC both wired and wireless. The probes seem to have slowly came back except the Salinity probe which reverted back to conductivity and am not sure if it has restored calibration. I am still unable to update wifi module update, as I keep getting the message below:

37bb41132ae70055afc2514c21e23e00.jpg

Username: Admin
Password: Starfish

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS!... really? How are we to know that username?? I did see the admin in GCC but the password was blank...?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS!... really? How are we to know that username?? I did see the admin in GCC but the password was blank...?

I'm not sure how the default log-in information is generated to be displayed within GCC >Communications - WebServer. The WiFi Module update manual does however cover the update process and log-in information.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very odd... when I look at the P4 communications page it tells me that the wifi module is running version 6376... but when I go the the P4 webpage under version it says something like n.a.....???

874d7f599146bf1be98231b5186dcbe8.jpg

Also, it is a nightmare to connect to the P4 page. It keeps asking for user and password and when I insert them it just keeps asking again... enfuriating [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having said this, the wifi seems to be working so not sure if I want to further tamper with this...

Another question: the wifi module update instructions say that I need to disconnect myGHL and than reboot the P4 prior to update.... reboot means unplug the P4 or is there a command for it?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WiFi module
6407 is the most recent FW. This version introduces further WiFi improvements and enables token support for email notifications. I recommend updating to this version.

During the update, the WiFi module will reboot itself. You don't need to disconnect myGHL or restart to the P4 after the update.

Webserver
The pop up you see when you enter the IP address of the P4 in your Edge browser is the security feature of the P4 which prevents unauthorized access to your controller. The constant pop-up is related to the web browser, not the P4. Your Edge browser should have an option to remember the login credentials. Once that's done it should have the fields automatically filled in every time you access the webserver.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back