PROFILUX 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefRocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Regg Much easier. With the GHL, there is no need to learn programming codes. Profilux uses dropdown boxes from a list of menus and offer Programmable logic if you need it. Take a look at their startup guide for a taste of the programming logic used by the Profilux.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matthias and other wise ones with Profilux experience.

I'm trying to make my decision between the Profilux 4 (Mega set probably) and other options out there. I looked at the PDF guide for the Profilux 3 but I'm still don't have a complete understanding the interface, work flows, how the GHL web interface works on a day to day basis.

Sadly not much on Youtube or other Internet video sources on how to use the Profilux 3. In particular I'm interested in how the monitoring graph sheets look, how the app works (I downloaded the app but can't access anything obviously) and any other programming basics.

Can anyone help with either screen shots or a video of their Profilux 3 interface/App? This would really help me get a better sense of how the GHL family of controllers would fit with my work flow and system.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working up a look at the GCC control center app will have it up soon. I will be an introduction just to show you around the application.
Will be making more videos as time goes by.

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for the reply.
Do you think that GHL might work with other companies to bring this capability to their unit?
Not sure if they are in competition with Neptune Systems, but I am sure GHL users would benefit from these added features.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyclist this a Ecotech issue they are the ones that allow companies to use their IP. They have not let anyone control their new D.C.pump.

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone comment as to the reliability / consistency of Conductivity / Salinity measurements with ProfiLux equipment ? How do air bubbles near the probe and electrical 'noise' affect the measurements ? I've got two Abyzz pumps in my sump and they seem to generate electrical interference when running.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone comment as to the reliability / consistency of Conductivity / Salinity measurements with ProfiLux equipment ? How do air bubbles near the probe and electrical 'noise' affect the measurements ? I've got two Abyzz pumps in my sump and they seem to generate electrical interference when running.
I cannot speak to the Abyzz pumps, but I run Royal Exclusiv RD3 return and skimmer pumps, and there are no issues, effecting the Conductivity probe/readings.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my skimmer's Mag pump right next to my probes and don't see any issues.
Once in a while when I do see shift, it usually means the probe got dirty.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The level of performance GHL is at now , I don't think you'll have any issues, but the P4 hasn't begun to be shipped yet, you would be safer waiting for reviews of actual users.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The level of performance GHL is at now , I don't think you'll have any issues, but the P4 hasn't begun to be shipped yet, you would be safer waiting for reviews of actual users.
There wouldn't be any difference between the P3/P4 conductivity performance ;)

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyclist this a Ecotech issue they are the ones that allow companies to use their IP. They have not let anyone control their new D.C.pump.
Actually it's both companies that need to be open with each other. Remember Apex and EchTech back and forth? Well from what I understand is they may have come to an agreement. I think.

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Marco & Dennis . . . that's what I was hoping to hear. I'll wait until the P4 becomes available, then give it a try !
---Frank

I cannot speak to the Abyzz pumps, but I run Royal Exclusiv RD3 return and skimmer pumps, and there are no issues, effecting the Conductivity probe/readings.

I've got my skimmer's Mag pump right next to my probes and don't see any issues.
Once in a while when I do see shift, it usually means the probe got dirty.

There wouldn't be any difference between the P3/P4 conductivity performance ;)

Back