Profilux issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues with connecting to myGHL..

I've updated my profilux (7.16) and wifi module (6772) to the latest firmware. I am using GCC 1.1.1.8. I was able to successfully connect to my profilux via wifi using static IP, but I'm unable to connect my profilux to myGHL or GHL Connect.

2018-08-29_1722.png

You can see here my Wifi Status shows Connected with myGHL is unchecked. Does anyone know how I can check this to true?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpark645 - Sorry your having an issue.

Can you show us your network settings?

What is your DNS settings on the device?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to restart the profilux after a firmware update. Unplug it. Wait for about 20 seconds. Then plug it back in.

OP
OP
cpark645

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpark645 - Sorry your having an issue.

Can you show us your network settings?

What is your DNS settings on the device?

I'm not sure how to check that :x

Have you posted this on https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forum.php?langid=2
Always post there as company rep's do not consider this a support forum.

Thanks, I'll try posting there later. However, I believe Marco and Vinny do consider this as an official support forum, according to Marco's signature.

Need to restart the profilux after a firmware update. Unplug it. Wait for about 20 seconds. Then plug it back in.

I've tried this... many many times hah.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm having my own issues with profilux 4 as well. Beginning to wonder if I spent my money well???????

OP
OP
cpark645

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm having my own issues with profilux 4 as well. Beginning to wonder if I spent my money well???????

I'm hoping once things get sorted out, it will be stable. Going in I knew setting it up might be painful, but I'm hoping what we paid for is the tried and true robust hardware that GHL offers over all the other controllers on the market.

I must say though, setting this up has been a bit of a nightmare so far.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. The programming is a challenge. My main issue is a bad temp sensor. It's reading 32 degrees. Opened a ticket through support but nothing is getting done about it. Other things are programming I'm sure. It's just finding the time to go through everything. Heck it took me a while weekend to get it set up!!!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wireless.png

@cpark645 - From where you set up your wireless network information (GCC Desktop Software, Expand System, network)

Did you enter in a DNS IP address in the IP settings if you used a Static ip? In mine above it is 4.2.2.1

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - You probably already checked this, but wanted to ask, because the first time I hooked up my P4, did you change the probe from Celsius to Fahrenheit? Scared me the first time I put it in the tank and went what the heck it wrong..

In the Sensor Probe screen the Display Option you can set it.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to check that :x

Thanks, I'll try posting there later. However, I believe Marco and Vinny do consider this as an official support forum, according to Marco's signature.

I've tried this... many many times hah.

I know Macro and Vinny pretty well[emoji3]
Meeting up with them next week at MACNA to see the new GHL gear. [emoji3]
An it is always best to use a companies web support forum.
The companies set forums up for users to get help. They like to have users get answers there so that if someone has the same problem in the future they can find the answer in the support forum.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - You probably already checked this, but wanted to ask, because the first time I hooked up my P4, did you change the probe from Celsius to Fahrenheit? Scared me the first time I put it in the tank and went what the heck it wrong..

In the Sensor Probe screen the Display Option you can set it.
Yes, that's changed reading 32 f.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wireless.png

@cpark645 - From where you set up your wireless network information (GCC Desktop Software, Expand System, network)

Did you enter in a DNS IP address in the IP settings if you used a Static ip? In mine above it is 4.2.2.1
Set mine up with automatic. But I can see you have the IP address for your internet connection and the connection it hooks up with. That's wrong. It can't do that.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - I use static more as I am a IT person :). But DHCP should also work. Even with a DHCP IP address being handed out by your router the P4 will show the IP address it has assigned to it and the DNS that was assigned. Do you see a IP address in your DNS line?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not anything close to IT. I don't understand why your IP address is the same as what your connecting to your internet and what the computer want to connect to the profilux?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity? Have you deleted the connection and made new one from scratch? I had to do that a couple of times. I've also had to re start the profilux a few times. I'd check in device manager and it won't show the profilux. Ports and com.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpark645 - if you use dhcp it usually your default gateway address. For static IP address it is also usually your default gateway on most home wireless networks or it can be one of your choice :)

OP
OP
cpark645

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked my DNS, it's reading 0.0.0.0.

I set it to the same as my Gateway, tried connecting to myGHL. No luck.

I tried recreating the connection on GCC, and actually worked, I'm able to connect through myGHL. However, now I'm no longer able to connect to my profilux with wifi.. Fix one thing, other one is broken :(

EDIT: Scratch that.. somehow everything works now. I'm not sure what I did, I just kept restarting and recreating connections on GCC... and viola! Now I'm connected on GCC, myGHL and GHL connect !

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpark645 - reboot your P4. And see if you can connect to it.

I have noticed specifically on the latest version of the software if you fail to disconnect from the system while using the desktop software it seems not to want to reconnect unless the system reboots.

You can now use the myghl and the app?

Back