Profilux touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not just GHL, its happening at almost all the companies.
I think two weeks ago I got the last Ecotech MP40 QD Wet Side replacement head on the planet.
Just imagine having a nice 150G tank and one of your opposing MP40 heads goes bad. Your up the creek right now. ETM is out of stock on a lot of other items also. Neptune seems to come and go. ESV seems to be shutdown and there are probably a lot more but I don't deal with them so I am not following their product lines.

I really hope this is just temporary out of stock situation for GHL because having a display head is really a nice item to have.
Well, it seems, based on the linked thread and the "control panel" jack (that I'd forgotten about) that they have been/are planning to come out with something new. Maybe covid just made them drop the legacy model before they were ready?

Having said that, they are normally very good at letting us know about new devices well in advace. And then keeping us informed of the inevitable delays : ) Which is a good thing. But also means that seeing as there isn't even a timeline for this announced, that it could be quite a while...

Hopefully we will hear some news soon. Because something like a permanent touchscreen with the app dashboard would be great.

Cheers, Tony

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAB can be placed anywhere, wired directly to P4 / Doser must be close
Ah, I see. Good point, thanks.

I had been thinking a USB connection as that would let us/them use any tablet or old phone or something. I hadn't remembered there was a 5m limit for that. Though I guess there are extenders and 5m is fine for most users.

But it seems that they already have something in mind with the port on the Profilux. You can see it here on the 4E image:

What kind of jack is that?

Tony

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both wired.

Yes, of course, but it is not the same between a peripheral device attached directly to the Profilux and a stand-alone device on the PAB bus.
The Touch can be connected anywhere on the PAB bus (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/about-the-profilux-aquatic-bus-pab), each device can be 100m away from each others, it is thus possible to have a Touch in another room to monitor the aquarium even from another room (it is possible to connect several Touch to a Profilux!).
Also, a Touch which no longer communicates with Profilux has its own alarm to signal the problem

Attached directly to the Profilux / Doser with the GHL Control Pad port we do not have all its possibilities.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, of course, but it is not the same between a peripheral device attached directly to the Profilux and a stand-alone device on the PAB bus.
The Touch can be connected anywhere on the PAB bus (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/about-the-profilux-aquatic-bus-pab), each device can be 100m away from each others, it is thus possible to have a Touch in another room to monitor the aquarium even from another room (it is possible to connect several Touch to a Profilux!).
Also, a Touch which no longer communicates with Profilux has its own alarm to signal the problem

Attached directly to the Profilux / Doser with the GHL Control Pad port we do not have all its possibilities.
Well, then I guess I prefer PAB.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 79 75.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back