Meet the NEW ProfiLux 4e controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

GHL NEWS
New product announcement

9b2601fa-6deb-40da-88c9-f6b2e8a20032.png

ProfiLux 4e: True reliability is now more affordable
The "e" in ProfiLux 4e stands for essential. The ProfiLux 4e features the same high degree of quality and reliability as the flagship ProfiLux 4, at a more attractive price.

The ProfiLux 4e was designed for aquarists who may not immediately need all the features of the flagship ProfiLux 4 controller. With more connections right out of the box than any competing controller, the P4e provides aquarium monitoring and control without sacrificing the essentials; built-in temperature and pH/ORP inputs, 1-10V control, level control, Wi-Fi and much more.
Only $419.90.

Click here for more information.

upload_2019-1-19_8-25-12.png

Best in value and expansion
ProfiLux 4e includes ports and features used by most hobbyists.
No need to go out and buy external modules just to do the basics!

Built-in Level sensor support
Connect float, optical, flow, and leak sensors

Ports for 1-10v devices
Connect 1-10V pumps and devices

Built-in display and touch keys
Check current probe values, change settings, start feed pauses, and more from the on-board display

Expandable
ProfiLux 4e can grow with your aquatic needs. Additional ports and sensor inputs can be added at anytime with GHL Expansion cards or Expansion box.

Availability & options

ProfiLux 4e controller only: Available January 21, 2019

ProfiLux 4e sets: Available April 2019.

Color options: Available in Glossy Black or White

upload_2019-1-19_8-24-33.png

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not "DCF automatic feeder" but a port to connect a DCF-receiver OR a futur automatic feeder.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry- it is $420 without any sort of power bar to control devices?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold - In April it looks like they are releasing the sets. So I assume, if they do it like the P4 they will have a Premium, Mega and Ultimate set which will include the powerbar.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold - In April it looks like they are releasing the sets. So I assume, if they do it like the P4 they will have a Premium, Mega and Ultimate set which will include the powerbar.

Isn't a power bar the most basic feature of a controller? If I can't control my pumps, lighting, skimmer, heater, powerheads, etc... this is just a glorified monitoring system. Sure, some devices have 0-10v control... but the majority do not.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't a power bar the most basic feature of a controller? If I can't control my pumps, lighting, skimmer, heater, powerheads, etc... this is just a glorified monitoring system. Sure, some devices have 0-10v control... but the majority do not.
I thought the same thing initially. After thinking about it, I like the fact that it lets the end user select how many controllable outlets they need. 2 for $75, 4 for $120 or the full blown 5 with monitoring features for $220.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold -

If the choice is to make it a glorified monitoring system a user could, but also if the reefer did not want to wait they could also purchase the powerbar separately today before the release of the P4e sets come out. I think it is a unique approach, providing the users the options on what they wish to control and when.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well technically the S ports are gone as well, which I have never used anyways, but that limits the user to the 5.1 powerbar. For now at least. The 5.1 powerbar is expensive, because it's expensive to make. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a more affordable powerbar, with more or less outlets at some point. I personally like the high quality 5.1 as I don't really want to worry about it.

Bottom line is the 4e gives customers more options. In my opinion always a good thing! Thanks for the announcement Vinny and GHL!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well technically the S ports are gone as well, which I have never used anyways, but that limits the user to the 5.1 powerbar. For now at least. The 5.1 powerbar is expensive, because it's expensive to make. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a more affordable powerbar, with more or less outlets at some point. I personally like the high quality 5.1 as I don't really want to worry about it.

Bottom line is the 4e gives customers more options. In my opinion always a good thing! Thanks for the announcement Vinny and GHL!

Great catch missed the S Port missing, but I am also interested on what the Therapy program option they have planned in the list of features.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great catch missed the S Port missing, but I am also interested on what the Therapy program option they have planned in the list of features.

It's pretty awesome how GHL sneaks in these little updates and features. They don't make a big smoke and mirrors show about it, they just do it. They listen to what people want and have a great understanding of the direction the platform needs to go. Every month or so there's another nugget coming from GHL moving the platform forward!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

GHL NEWS
New product announcement

9b2601fa-6deb-40da-88c9-f6b2e8a20032.png

ProfiLux 4e: True reliability is now more affordable
The "e" in ProfiLux 4e stands for essential. The ProfiLux 4e features the same high degree of quality and reliability as the flagship ProfiLux 4, at a more attractive price.

The ProfiLux 4e was designed for aquarists who may not immediately need all the features of the flagship ProfiLux 4 controller. With more connections right out of the box than any competing controller, the P4e provides aquarium monitoring and control without sacrificing the essentials; built-in temperature and pH/ORP inputs, 1-10V control, level control, Wi-Fi and much more.
Only $419.90.

Click here for more information.

upload_2019-1-19_8-25-12.png

Best in value and expansion
ProfiLux 4e includes ports and features used by most hobbyists.
No need to go out and buy external modules just to do the basics!

Built-in Level sensor support
Connect float, optical, flow, and leak sensors

Ports for 1-10v devices
Connect 1-10V pumps and devices

Built-in display and touch keys
Check current probe values, change settings, start feed pauses, and more from the on-board display

Expandable
ProfiLux 4e can grow with your aquatic needs. Additional ports and sensor inputs can be added at anytime with GHL Expansion cards or Expansion box.

Availability & options

ProfiLux 4e controller only: Available January 21, 2019

ProfiLux 4e sets: Available April 2019.

Color options: Available in Glossy Black or White

upload_2019-1-19_8-24-33.png
Question, I only deal with wholesalers, is there a wholesaler in Los Angeles that carries your product, example sea dwelling creatures, quality marine, Pacific aqua Farm, Coast tropical, etc.... let me know please. Many thanks.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty awesome how GHL sneaks in these little updates and features. They don't make a big smoke and mirrors show about it, they just do it. They listen to what people want and have a great understanding of the direction the platform needs to go. Every month or so there's another nugget coming from GHL moving the platform forward!
You mean like the, TRITON? Lol

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ready to pull the trigger on this. I now have more directions to go. Either way I'll still be dosing and checking my DkH before triton comes out. In about 2 weeks I'll need your help.
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Marco@GHLUSA

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back