Profilux users: Is it worth it?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who might be getting a profilux in the near future, tell us, what are the benefits over the competition?

Is it worth the $1000 plus price tag?

Do they need to work anything out/change anything?

How is their customer service? (heard it is awesome)

What is the best unit, package, and option(s) that you can get/have already?

Is it easy to run it with multiple probes or systems at the same time?

Is it easy to use in terms of setup?

Your input is appreciated!

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking about it. ive used da and have friends that use apex but there are still sticky points with both systems. im tired of releases coming out and being a crap shot if its going to work or not

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clients runs one on his system let's just say it's the bently or even firarri of controllers I'm amazed by the simplicity and ease he has over controlling everything he can even dim his halides if he wants a cloud to pass by lol if I could afford one I would in a heartbeat the pro package is by far the best to get you running that's what I originally got for him and he equals his profilux addiction to his chalice collection lol which is super heavy lol from what I've seen him do with it I would say the possibilities are as far as the eye can see on the open sea lol if you have the money do it is what I would say and I'm a hardcore apex fan and he makes my apex look like a ford fiesta lol sorry I don't know if that was any help!!

ReefRocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Profilux 3EX and it is the only controller I will likely ever need. It does more things than I can ever see myself using and the customer support is the greatest. Anytime I get stuck with programming, they are just a phone call or email away. I must say though, that setting it up is not easy and will require that the manual is read to learn about the controller and its functions before actually going ahead and playing with it. Swallowing the price tag may be tough, but when you have a controller and software that run flawlessly, A+ grade customer service, and so many cool accessories to add on, it eases the stretch on the wallet.

Since your close by, if you've never seen a P3 in person, lmk and I'd be happy to let you play around with the controller and software.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard mostly what you can control are lights and powerheads, can you add float switches, new probes, etc.?

Back