Programming daily weather Current USA Loop

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how daily weather works for the Current USA Marine LED Loop etc. etc. I ignored that feature for a while, but decided on Monday to program in a 10% chance of rolling clouds. The thing is, I've witnessed the rolling clouds thrice in the past two days, two of them probably within an hour of each other, and it's probably occurred more times than that when I'm not looking. I wanted to give the fish and coral a slight break from the monotony of simulated clear skies all day every day, but this many times seems excessive, especially with how extreme the transition is from normal daylight programming to a weather event. Is it a 10% chance every half hour or what? I was hoping for a 10% chance every day or something.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine set at 10% and it seems to be a random 10% per hour. I haven't timed it but it does it pretty often during the day. Also be careful of the storm setting it scares the heck out of my fish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
shartpants007

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine set at 10% and it seems to be a random 10% per hour. I haven't timed it but it does it pretty often during the day. Also be careful of the storm setting it scares the heck out of my fish.
Ok thanks. Definitely seemed to be doing it a lot, but I guess 10% chance every hour explains that. And yeah, I don't plan on programming anything more extreme than the rolling clouds. The thunderstorm setting looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't want to subject my fish to that on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back