Programming Trident dosing AFR with BRS 1.1 doser

  • Thread starter Thread starter GabeM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
685
Reaction score
907
Location
Worcester
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have been the proud owner of an Apex for a little over a month and want to make sure my programming is right. I picked up a Trident over the weekend as the tank is in the office and I only see it once a week right now.

I have found a few examples that used 2-3 virtual outputs per parameter but that seemed like a lot so I simplified. So far the results seem right. The tank utilizes about 14ML of All for reef per day but I want to keep the Alkalinity between 8 and 9. The logic is as follows:

ALK higher than 9 then stop dosing
ALK less than 9 but higher than 8 then dose every hour for 30 seconds (2ML/hr)
ALK less than 8 then dose every 30 minutes for 30 seconds (4ML/hr)
Only dose between 4am and 6pm.

Right now I am dosing 2x normal dosage as the alkalinity had dropped to 6, this will likely be modified in the future.

BRS 1.1 Doser outlet AFRDoser - output 2ML per minute
Code:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/000:30/059:30 Then ON
If Output AFR_INC = ON Then ON
If Time 17:59 to 03:59 Then OFF
If Alkx4 > 9.00 Then OFF

Virtual Output AFR_INC
Code:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 030:00/000:30/029:30 Then ON
If Alkx4 > 8.00 Then OFF
If Cax4 > 580 Then OFF
If Mgx4 > 1600 Then OFF

Feedback is appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new