Project Frankenstein

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks!

baby shrimp are now floating around the tank...i went against my word and sucked up a few. threw em in a filter cartridge thing i had for my fluval G3 and stuck that in one of the chambers lol

Well hope that works for you and that soon you can show us some pics of your new "Babies" +1 for sure

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I won't be able to get any pics...the few I had I just put back into the tank. The cartridge was causing issues with the flow of water, so now they are on their own!

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I won't be able to get any pics...the few I had I just put back into the tank. The cartridge was causing issues with the flow of water, so now they are on their own!
Hope they do well for you and for them, and keep us posted as I am sure you will :)

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Glad you got to witness it. My cleaner shrimp used to to do it all the time. It typically happens at night and you just notice a swarm of little shrimp floating throughout the tank. The shrimp actually flicks their under "fins" or whatever you call them to release them. Usually the fish just get a nice treat. I've never attempted to save any. I did recently have this happen with my fire shrimp too. I love it until the fish get them all :) Glad you got to witness it.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Idk if I'm gonna be able to sleep until they are here!

Ill post updated pics ong with fish pics when they arrive.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this little tank must have something in the water, things like to spawn alot lol. Shrimp released babies last night and my stomatella snails spawned again tonight. thats always pretty cool to watch

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this little tank must have something in the water, things like to spawn alot lol. Shrimp released babies last night and my stomatella snails spawned again tonight. thats always pretty cool to watch
Great for you ... any pics of the event by chance ?

I have a few in my tank too and actually a few than what I started with .. so mine must have done their thing also ... cute creatures indeed, that is when I see them (at night mostly).

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great for you ... any pics of the event by chance ?

I have a few in my tank too and actually a few than what I started with .. so mine must have done their thing also ... cute creatures indeed, that is when I see them (at night mostly).

Unfortunately no...i didnt think to snap any until after it happened lol. Was walking by and some some "idian smoke signals" and stopped to watch lol

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no...i didnt think to snap any until after it happened lol. Was walking by and some some "idian smoke signals" and stopped to watch lol

Yes that is often the case, we see something but it happens so fast and we don't have a camera in our hands, and so we miss the occasion to take the pic ... pity but it happens more often than one wishes ... but not much we can do right !

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is often the case, we see something but it happens so fast and we don't have a camera in our hands, and so we miss the occasion to take the pic ... pity but it happens more often than one wishes ... but not much we can do right !
Unfortunately so sir!

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately so sir!
I wish it did not but it cannot be avoided and then of course when we are around who knows what we are missing ... It's early here and dark and so I can see some of my night creatures but don't have the right camera to take pics, my iPhone won't do it, guess I will have to spring for those Ollo lenses that are now being sold that allow to make real great macros !

Albert

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ya i woke up this morning and found my wheelers goby hangin out in the first chamber of the internal filter. Ive seen those lenses though they look pretty neat!

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a nassarius snail fell into my clams mouth tonight, i sat and waited to see if it would crawl out. it didnt, before i knew it there were two in there. clam was unresponsive to any disturbance. either the snails damaged something inside moving around or they ate some of its insides..bummer

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****!! That's crazy! Any further updates?!

so a nassarius snail fell into my clams mouth tonight, i sat and waited to see if it would crawl out. it didnt, before i knew it there were two in there. clam was unresponsive to any disturbance. either the snails damaged something inside moving around or they ate some of its insides..bummer

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is a bummer indeed .... keep us posted ... is the Clam still in the tank ... is it responding to movement now ?

Back