Project Frankenstein

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ya i woke up this morning and found my wheelers goby hangin out in the first chamber of the internal filter. Ive seen those lenses though they look pretty neat!

Yes some fish will end up in the most unusual places indeed ! ... Guess you got him out by now ....

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Glad you got to witness it. My cleaner shrimp used to to do it all the time. It typically happens at night and you just notice a swarm of little shrimp floating throughout the tank. The shrimp actually flicks their under "fins" or whatever you call them to release them. Usually the fish just get a nice treat. I've never attempted to save any. I did recently have this happen with my fire shrimp too. I love it until the fish get them all :) Glad you got to witness it.

Yes that is the unfortunate part ... we never seem to be able to get them out before the other fish consume them but then that is very complete and nutritious food and good for your fish and their immune system, which makes them more resistant to disease.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look what I got! (x5). sorry for the crappy cell pic but its the best I could do since they are still shy

Attachments

• trimma.JPG
    trimma.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 391
OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I can see a possible male/female pattern. The fish in focus in the first pic if you look at its spiny dorsal it has a clear "streamer or spike." The fish in the second has a rounded spiny dorsal. I believe the one with the streamer is a male and the rounded one is a female.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some growth shots..all the millie frags have encrusted nicely. the pink hystrix BN was just a single branch when I put it in the tank. pics make all the colors dull. sorry!

Attachments

• DSC_3400.jpg
    DSC_3400.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC_3401.jpg
    DSC_3401.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC_3404.jpg
    DSC_3404.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 355
OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after being in a very crafty mood working on my old pickup

I decided to look through my closet to see if I could throw together a skimmer Just need to get a wooden airstone now..may try the chopstick technique first

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build, what kind of gobies are those?
Thank you very much! they are Blue line flagtail gobies (Trimma tevegae). Kinda difficult to come by but well worth the effort of finding them.

Nice ..hope that shrimp watches out for the PH

Its funny, they walk all over that thing and I worry everytime, but it seems they know better lol

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! they are Blue line flagtail gobies (Trimma tevegae). Kinda difficult to come by but well worth the effort of finding them.
Its funny, they walk all over that thing and I worry everytime, but it seems they know better lol

Good for them that they know better .. and for you too .... And yes nice Trimma's indeed.

Back