Project Happy Wife Happy Life....IM Fusion 10

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I've mentioned on earlier posts, I am in the process of upgrading my wife's fluval 5 gal tank which is sitting right next to our bed .

She is really into feather dusters, so I decided to keep the white sand instead of going with the black ones #rosieosieee thanks for the advise and inspiration.

As for biological filtration, I am going to reuse all the live rocks, seachem matrix and some of the sand from the 5 gal to get things kicking in. As for mechanical, I've ordered an upgraded media basket (not intank) where I am going to be using chemipure blue, purigen, matrix and filter floss.

I have ordered Tunze 9004 (lol overkill for this tank) but it came broken (propeller and the fan to the tube came lose) so I am going to be returning it for another skimmer. I've seem some people mod 9001 to fit in the middle chamber but I decided to go with those japanese glass mame? brand once they get them back in stock. (Open for suggestions)

Turns out the tank and the media basket won't make it today so I will keep you guys up to date once it arrives here on Friday and will be posting pictures of its progress step by step

Hope you guys contribute by giving me ideas and suggestions. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

20151125_101620.jpg

Last edited:

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the cad lights 150 nano skimmer, this thing pulls some funk! Pipeless design saves a ton of room and is rated for 60 gallons!

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, so I finally got the tank delivered today. Although this is not nearly as exciting as following a mega tank in the making, I thought it could somewhat benefit or help someone who's trying to build a small tank or perhaps even the same tank. So here we go

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the cad lights 150 nano skimmer, this thing pulls some funk! Pipeless design saves a ton of room and is rated for 60 gallons!
how exciting, love the live rock, looks like some of the pieces I have. Looking forward to see it as it as it progresses.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!! I love the live rock pieces, looks like some I have . Keep posting pictures!

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far, upgrading tanks is always exciting. Just be carful where you put that galaxea. They can reach about a foot with their tentacles. Keep up the good work and you know we all like more pics!

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!! I love the live rock pieces, looks like some I have . Keep posting pictures!
Thanks! I am waiting for my Maxspec to come Monday, will be taking more pictures once its installed. Lost a BTA to my powerhead and was busy changing water /sigh

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back