OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far, upgrading tanks is always exciting. Just be carful where you put that galaxea. They can reach about a foot with their tentacles. Keep up the good work and you know we all like more pics!
thanks! Yeah, I have a pretty big galaxea colony on my 45, their tentacles are ridiculously long

awcasper

Goby in the sea of life.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, so I just had to drive down to my LFS for their supper B.Friday deals and picked up some pretty cool stuff for this project.
Tank should be here tomorrow :)

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

Love the pomp pom crab and sexy shrimp! Some of my favorite oddballs, right there.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood putting a spotlight over my tank. How does the 150 look over all?

Seen a lot of people use Kessil 150 to 360 for small cubes, I guess it works well due to small area it has to cover.

I've decided to go with maxspec celestial spotlight, thought kessil was a little overkill for my tank and hate the fact that you need to purchase everything separately, the light itself, gooseneck, gooseneck attachment and controller.

I will let you guys how Maxspec celestial works, it is around the same price as Kessil 150 but you don't need a separate controller for it and is full spectrum 4 channel.

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a lot of people use Kessil 150 to 360 for small cubes, I guess it works well due to small area it has to cover.

I've decided to go with maxspec celestial spotlight, thought kessil was a little overkill for my tank and hate the fact that you need to purchase everything separately, the light itself, gooseneck, gooseneck attachment and controller.

I will let you guys how Maxspec celestial works, it is around the same price as Kessil 150 but you don't need a separate controller for it and is full spectrum 4 channel.
For me, I had them lying around from when I ungraded my larger tank, I just hate that it's Windex blue which is why I want to change, but the corals seem to like it

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep us posted on the build....being that we have the same tank I think it'll b interesting

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I decided to remove some of the sand, it was close to 1.5" and thought it was too much for such a small tank, also relocated the rocks and removed some of them to show the tongas better.
Later, removed the original mesh from the top that was bocking a lot of the light from passing through and replaced it with BRS clear, thin mesh.....what a night and day difference it made.
Also got this little guy to join the club.

a.jpg

b.jpg

20151128_195742.jpg

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already have some that came with those rocks, from my chaeto in the refugium and that little guy is eating regular food. Also supplementing with pods

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good. He is a dragonette right? I heard they devour pods like crazy

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back