OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can I get a close up of that upper feather duster/worm?
I hope this is the right one.

20151130_230122.jpg

zabel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm digging it. Love the new rock. Any other benefits of black sand besides not seeing some brown in the white sand? I feel like I missed a black sand thread. Haha

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm digging it. Love the new rock. Any other benefits of black sand besides not seeing some brown in the white sand? I feel like I missed a black sand thread. Haha
Thanks!
Well, besides the looks, one thing I like about them is the grain size, they are 0.25 to 3.5 mm which is really helpful on such a small tank to help prevent them from getting blown around all over.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
Nice.... what type of tank is it? Never seen a 15 gallon before.
It's a deep blue 15 gallon, I wanted the 17 gallon Mr. Aqua rimless but they were out of stock everywhere, of course right before thanksgiving I get an email from marine depot that they have them now and 15% off:( just my luck. I might take the rim off or will be cutting some off so my lights will fit. How do you like the Hydor 180? Mine gets a little noisy but I unplug it and plug it back in and it's fine. I have the 24o but it was to much for the 8 gallon, but will us it in the 15. I also have the rio 50 which is really nice because it has attachments and can really turn the flow down low , but it's really noisy so that stays on during the day only as its in the bedroom. Well enough of that :rolleyes: looking forward to all the updates and really liked the video.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a deep blue 15 gallon, I wanted the 17 gallon Mr. Aqua rimless but they were out of stock everywhere, of course right before thanksgiving I get an email from marine depot that they have them now and 15% off:( just my luck. I might take the rim off or will be cutting some off so my lights will fit. How do you like the Hydor 180? Mine gets a little noisy but I unplug it and plug it back in and it's fine. I have the 24o but it was to much for the 8 gallon, but will us it in the 15. I also have the rio 50 which is really nice because it has attachments and can really turn the flow down low , but it's really noisy so that stays on during the day only as its in the bedroom. Well enough of that :rolleyes: looking forward to all the updates and really liked the video.
Thanks!
LOL, I know exactly what you mean...Well, can't wait to see your nano project.
Hydor 180 is okay for a small tank like this and I like the fact you can adjust the flow rate. One thing everyone complains about is the base that holds the unit, it is so loose, a complete design flaw imo. So far did not have any issues with noise, try using a zip tie to see if it helps.

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian. I gotta say. There's no way you're getting a happy wife. it's a saying women made up to make us think it's possible to make them happy! However the tank setup is awesome and looking sharp. Nice work.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%

Back