OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I think we I was PMing you about the LFS you buy your stuff from last week.lol. Yeah, I have the Intank media baskets, but yours seem to look nicer. Still looking for a skimmer for my Fusion 20. I have the Hydor and it doesn't fit in the sump area and is an ugly eye sore inside the tank. I contacted NY Aquatics and they told me they were located in Yonkers and they are available for local pick up but only on weekdays. I have been to KHC and dealt with Jerry. He is a nice guy. Wanted to do business with him and sell him frags but that was when he first opened.
Well, it's not NY Aquatics, it's New York "Reef" Aquatics and they are located just a few blocks away from KHC.
I believe everyone with an IM nano tanks are using the ghost skimmer

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some pictures of their store, you won't find any stores with that many coral selection around Queens area

20151013_134116.jpg

20151126_144718.jpg

20151126_144735.jpg

20151126_144743.jpg

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Cadlights 20 for a seahorse coral for my wife's office. You just made up my mind re black sand. This is going to look great with Red Gorgonians and Red algae and likely Dwarf black seahorses.
Your setup is amazing. I have a Fusion 30 and highly recommend the IM filter socks. It cleared my tank overnight.

dnyceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Cadlights 20 for a seahorse coral for my wife's office. You just made up my mind re black sand. This is going to look great with Red Gorgonians and Red algae and likely Dwarf black seahorses.
Your setup is amazing. I have a Fusion 30 and highly recommend the IM filter socks. It cleared my tank overnight.
how often are you having to change the socks out? are you using it in both chambers or just one side? what chemical and biological filtration are you running?

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
You can go wrong with black sand, make sure you get caribsea hawaiian black. I would have used IM filter socks but I went with chemipure elite, purigen and matrix with a filter floss on top instead and using the stock media basket to grow cheato.
This is Nuvo 10 and space is limited lol

12.jpg

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how often are you having to change the socks out? are you using it in both chambers or just one side? what chemical and biological filtration are you running?
I have both chambers with socks at present. Chemipure Blue in one for now. I also have a IM reactor with a mix of BRS Rox and Ferous . Skimmer is Hydor nano skim. Will post some pics when I have a moment.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love it!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both chambers with socks at present. Chemipure Blue in one for now. I also have a IM reactor with a mix of BRS Rox and Ferous . Skimmer is Hydor nano skim. Will post some pics when
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG
I have a moment.

IMG_0375.JPG

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided, a couple days ago, to switch back to Maxspec instead of the Kessil. I remember someone saying how he hated the windex blue and I have to agree.
Also thought Kessil 160we was a bit overkill for such confined 10 gallon tank. Here's a shot taken today using Maxspec again.

adv.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I felt as I've been neglecting my jbj 45 so decided to get some new live rocks and redo my aquascape

aye.jpg

Before picture

tank3.jpg

dnyceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided, a couple days ago, to switch back to Maxspec instead of the Kessil. I remember someone saying how he hated the windex blue and I have to agree.
Also thought Kessil 160we was a bit overkill for such confined 10 gallon tank. Here's a shot taken today using Maxspec again.

adv.jpg
I run a Maspect razor nano and it is set and forget.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dnyceli, I love how you are able to have full control of all 4 spectrums and timers for the dust/dawn effect on Maxspec.

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got finished reading all seven pages of this. Absolutely incredible.
I just started cycling a 25 lagoon myself. Had you used the Matrix before? I haven't seen it before but after seeing your results I might just have to grab a media rack and throw a bag in.

You should also check out Aquatic X-cellence in Yonkers. I grabbed some sps from him back before he opened up the store, and I'd never seen anything like his colonies.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got finished reading all seven pages of this. Absolutely incredible.
I just started cycling a 25 lagoon myself. Had you used the Matrix before? I haven't seen it before but after seeing your results I might just have to grab a media rack and throw a bag in.

You should also check out Aquatic X-cellence in Yonkers. I grabbed some sps from him back before he opened up the store, and I'd never seen anything like his colonies.
Well, I took a long break from this hobby and just came back about 3 months ago. It seemed that everyone who had an AIO system was using Matrix so I decided to give it a try.
All I can say is that Matrix helped prevent new tank syndrome on all of the 6 systems I've set up during the 3 month, using different biological and mechanical filtration. (used matrix for all of them)
Aquatic X-cellence sounds familiar, I will check them out someday, Thanks!
Best of luck with your 25 lagoon :)

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

adv.jpg
I h8 Windex blue

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back