Prop tank lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter jafoca
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jafoca

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
181
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prop tank has 2 retrofit t5ho fixtures with two 39watt bulbs each.

Currently I have 2x generic 10k bulbs and two ATI blueplus bulbs (I think...)

My racks in my tank are at three levels, evenly dividing a 14" tall tank. Right now the top rack is pretty much off limits to zoas, and the middle rack still seems to be bleaching out probably 50% of frags I place on it.

Should I turn off one of my fixtures and just run 2x49watt?
Should I swap out one of the 10k bulbs for another blue or actinic?

I think I have too much light, what should I do about it?

I only have 3 pieces of SPS and they seem to be doing pretty well on the top rack right now, the rest of the tank is zoas with the exception of 4 acans, 1 micro, 2 duncans, and a couple other softies that I got just for fun.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new