Prop tanks please share your setups.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this question on another thread, but I thought this would be a great topic to cover. At least for me.

I was interested in setting up a prop tank after I move and I was wondering how people were setting up theirs? If you could give details of tank size, plumbing, lights, and if you got it PICS.

Thanks,

Luciano

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hers my 10G prop tank. It is drilled and plumbed to a 16GH on the floor which houses an Aqua C urchin and Refugium with about 15#'s of LR, 10#'s of LS and cheato. The pendant is a DIY 175MH. The fuge is currently lit with the LOA screw in bulb in a clip on reflector. I run this with a floatswitches.net dual FS ATO, and a hanna PH/temp monitor.
setup.jpg

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chemguy85 said:
hey surf could u post some pics of u're 30 gal. i have always liked u'ree frag racks.

i took 2/3 of them out of the tank, b/c the urchins i have like to rearrange everything at night and it was getting to be a PITA.

so all that is left is just a single platform of eggcrate sitting on 2x 1.5" PVC stands. nothing fancy

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i dont have this tank hooked up yet, But i am getting close. I expect to start on the fish room and prop tanks in a week or two.
Here's my 5 ft by 9 inch tall by 18 wide frag tank. I'll have a 40 cube in the mix as well tied into my new 180 and fuge system.
I'll get some pics after set up which i hope is soon.
post-30-1147103828_thumb.jpg

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thats agreat setup raskal...some nice blues you have there also. Im thinking about setting up a system with a prop area...please keep posting your setups.

Raskal311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much else too the system, but if you have any specific quesitons feel free to pm me. Ohh once it gets cooler I do plan on moving it outside for natural lighting. I've been wanting to try it out but its just been way to hot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back