Propagation Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter erchins8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

erchins8

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Location
30075
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, broad question— but what's a good shopping list for a budget propagation tank (primarily zoas)? I'm really overwhelmed by the options and I wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks!
 
Since there are so many options, indicating your budget would be a good first step
Sorry I should've mentioned before-- preferably not beyond $500 but I'm willing to pay whatever the perceived "minimum" would be. It is saltwater after all.
 
Hey, broad question— but what's a good shopping list for a budget propagation tank (primarily zoas)? I'm really overwhelmed by the options and I wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks!
EDIT: Narrowed it down and I'm looking at a lot of nano AIOs (probably under 15 gal, i saw this "micro reef" thing that was like .3 gallons. sounds silly, i know) as viable options since I'm going to be sticking with mostly zoas and hardy LPS, either that or some rimless shelf aquarium with a hangoff protein skimmer. Thoughts?
 
I'd suggest a 20g long or 40g breeder.

I set up a 20g long with a few pounds or rock from my display sump. Then I found open box tunze skimmer on BRS, two used prime16s, and jabeo wave pumps. I have SPS, LPS, zoas and shrooms all growing in the tank. the same setup could be moved to a 40g breeder if i run out of room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new