Propagation Tank

erchins8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, broad question— but what's a good shopping list for a budget propagation tank (primarily zoas)? I'm really overwhelmed by the options and I wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

OP
OP
erchins8

erchins8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since there are so many options, indicating your budget would be a good first step
Sorry I should've mentioned before-- preferably not beyond $500 but I'm willing to pay whatever the perceived "minimum" would be. It is saltwater after all.

OP
OP
erchins8

erchins8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, broad question— but what's a good shopping list for a budget propagation tank (primarily zoas)? I'm really overwhelmed by the options and I wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks!
EDIT: Narrowed it down and I'm looking at a lot of nano AIOs (probably under 15 gal, i saw this "micro reef" thing that was like .3 gallons. sounds silly, i know) as viable options since I'm going to be sticking with mostly zoas and hardy LPS, either that or some rimless shelf aquarium with a hangoff protein skimmer. Thoughts?

welsher7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suggest a 20g long or 40g breeder.

I set up a 20g long with a few pounds or rock from my display sump. Then I found open box tunze skimmer on BRS, two used prime16s, and jabeo wave pumps. I have SPS, LPS, zoas and shrooms all growing in the tank. the same setup could be moved to a 40g breeder if i run out of room.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back