Propeller II vs 3

DJF

View Badges
Reaction score
What are the differences between the propeller v2 and propeller v3?

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
I think the 3 comes in back or white and it's variably controlled depending on the temperature's setpoint.

OP
D

DJF

View Badges
Reaction score
Great thanks for the info! Debating which to get and whether the cost difference is worth the upgrade... they had me at powdercoated :)

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
I think the 3 comes in back or white and it's variably controlled depending on the temperature's setpoint.
Curious if it can be connected to Apex and if there is any info cooling capabilities in reference to surface area? Thinking about dissipating surface heat due to Hybrid T5 lights....

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
You could turn off and on with a controlled outlet like any other fan. But the Propeller Controller (which is proprietary to to GHL) adjusts the speed of the fans variably to the temperatures setpoint.

ingchr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Can Apex vary it's 0-10V output based upon temperature? If so, then you could hook the propeller control up to it.

But you would have to make an adapter, since GHL uses an RJ25 and Apex RJ45. You would also need to determine which two wires the propeller control uses in that RJ25, which I think are GHL pins 2 and 3.

Are most hobbyists using enough live rock these days?

• Yes

Votes: 82 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 133 36.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 137 38.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors