Proper dosing of Coppersafe

Seanb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very confusing.
If I measure the inside walls of a 20 gal tank and whatever height the water level is at and come up with 18 gallons of water , exactly how much Coppersafe do I need to add each time for 3 consecutive days.
Sorry for such a basic mathematical question but I want to do this correctly, I've seen copper kill fish.
I have a Hanna copper checker and can measure accurately either with vials or syringes.
Thanks for any help.

Seanb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very confusing.
If I measure the inside walls of a 20 gal tank and whatever height the water level is at and come up with 18 gallons of water , exactly how much Coppersafe do I need to add each time for 3 consecutive days.
Sorry for such a basic mathematical question but I want to do this correctly, I've seen copper kill fish.
I have a Hanna copper checker and can measure accurately either with vials or syringes.
Thanks for any help.
thanks for all the help.

W.mares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im very new but entirely competent with this hanna checker. I've been dosing for a week now and it appears that my 16oz bottle of coppersafe is only half of the concentration of what most of you guys are reporting.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im very new but entirely competent with this hanna checker. I've been dosing for a week now and it appears that my 16oz bottle of coppersafe is only half of the concentration of what most of you guys are reporting.
Can you explain what you are doing and seeing more clearly and perhaps we can help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back