Proper dosing of Coppersafe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brew12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Very confusing.
If I measure the inside walls of a 20 gal tank and whatever height the water level is at and come up with 18 gallons of water , exactly how much Coppersafe do I need to add each time for 3 consecutive days.
Sorry for such a basic mathematical question but I want to do this correctly, I've seen copper kill fish.
I have a Hanna copper checker and can measure accurately either with vials or syringes.
Thanks for any help.
 
Very confusing.
If I measure the inside walls of a 20 gal tank and whatever height the water level is at and come up with 18 gallons of water , exactly how much Coppersafe do I need to add each time for 3 consecutive days.
Sorry for such a basic mathematical question but I want to do this correctly, I've seen copper kill fish.
I have a Hanna copper checker and can measure accurately either with vials or syringes.
Thanks for any help.
thanks for all the help.
 
So im very new but entirely competent with this hanna checker. I've been dosing for a week now and it appears that my 16oz bottle of coppersafe is only half of the concentration of what most of you guys are reporting.
 
So im very new but entirely competent with this hanna checker. I've been dosing for a week now and it appears that my 16oz bottle of coppersafe is only half of the concentration of what most of you guys are reporting.
Can you explain what you are doing and seeing more clearly and perhaps we can help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new