propogating rbta

  • Thread starter Thread starter dendroman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am not sure of the survival rate to be honest but maybe someone will chime in who has cut quite a few.
 
I have been in the coral buisness for years everything just seems to be going up and up on prices and am always looking for ways to help our natural reef rbta are always on demand so just looking for some advice out there thanks for any input dendro
 
There should be a post somewhere in the clownfish&nem forum with a video from BRS showing how to cut them. I am on the fence about if I want to or not, my rbta is about 10 inches across but I dont want to risk losing the whole creature either. From what I understand so long as your process is right the survival rate is pretty high, they suggest using the sharpest razor you can get and not sawing through but using enough pressure to make a clean cut directly through the mouth. I'll try to dig up the thread and put a link in here for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new