PROPPER TANG ACCLIMATION METHOD

NeptuneSpear2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon All!
Question for you guys. Been researching different methods when acclimating tangs before adding to DT. Just had a bad Powder Brown Tang experience where he got Ich; died, and my Angel Coral Beauty followed behind him. That said, it seems that a lot of methods are different in respect to floating w/ a drip then adding to the tank, and another is add to QT. I know a lot of folks don't have the ability to QT tanks (including myself due to space). Not knocking the QT method at all, sounds smart. I guess due to the amount of stress tangs receive during purchase/transport/addition how do you avoid it? What's the least path of resistance when thinking about a tang purchase? Can I assume that all of these additions have this level of stress risk? Almost a deterrent. Just curious, if you all have some good input.

Thanks again,

Frank

LDog74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy them from a store that treats them (QT first) like TSM. You pay more but it’s worth the piece of mind & less expensive in the long run.
Make sure you go fallow now for 8 weeks before adding any new fish otherwise they will just get ich... Unfortunately its in your tank now.

OP
OP
NeptuneSpear2011

NeptuneSpear2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah got 5 fish left. 2 Clowns, 3 Blue yellow tail Damsels. So far they dont have it. But my LFS does QT for a week or two before sale. Not sure what to do with the whole go fallow thing with fish still in tank. May just have to wait it out and see what happens with the fish left in the tank.

Thanks for the reply LDOG

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back