Pros and cons of 93 gallon cube

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know everyone's input on the 93 gallon cube. I've been wanting to do this tank forever but I've heard bad things about the rimless tanks. I don't want it rimless still want the black trim but I would like to know what people think good and bad on the tank or if they had a chance to do a different tank I'd like to know. Thank you!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like cubes, but flow is going to be more difficult than a long tank. You can likely use a single light fixture.

You'll be limited on fish choices since there isn't a lot of swimming room. Me? I'm doing a primarily goby tank along with a couple bigger fish in my 150DD.

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for yalls opinions! I honestly didn't think to much about flow with that tank so something to think about. I land on mostly having corals and inverts with very few fish. I also plan on getting a 300 gallon to house a pair of cortez stingrays and a couple schools of fish. But just brain storming at this point. What type of corals would you put in the tank? I know I want the main part of the tank to be dedicated to a purple tip frogspawn.

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like cubes, but flow is going to be more difficult than a long tank. You can likely use a single light fixture.

You'll be limited on fish choices since there isn't a lot of swimming room. Me? I'm doing a primarily goby tank along with a couple bigger fish in my 150DD.
What size is your 150DD?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 163 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back