Prostar 230 Build. Follow along if you would like.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. i am starting a new build with the prostar 230. i will be posting updates along the way on my tiktok. please consider checking out. might see something that helps you out. i doubt it, but ya nver know and never will if you do not follow. posting a picture here to prove i'm legit.

tiktok link

original-D85F2C00-C5AE-49D1-B082-B93660E282AE.jpeg
Is that the Cylinder tank you are talking about, if so post the pics Here, I was thinking about getting a cylinder myself.

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the Cylinder tank you are talking about, if so post the pics Here, I was thinking about getting a cylinder myself.i have had the cylinder up and running for three years. definitely a cool looking aquarium. i will try to get some pictures posted for you this weekend. if you want to see video click on one of the tiktok post and then click on my user name and i think you can see all the post of the cylinder. i dont watch tiktok so i am not sure. i am just posting my build and fish vids there simply because its easy...

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out this base rock haul from Addictive Reef Keeping. I had used Caribsea in the cylinder. This Ark Reef Rock is much lighter and more porous. this is the u.v. reactive colorant version of their rock. will be going into the 230 build when i finish the scape.

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing around with the rock. By no means final but just brainstorming different ideas. This shelf sit on both sides looks too cool not to do something special with. I know this is heavy and I have my pork cut out for me but I am willing to accept the challenge. I have considered reinforcing but I think I can make something like this work using ca glue and also smooth on black free form habitat epoxy putty. This is the stuff public aquariums and zoos use for the water habitat enclosures. The shelf rock will be bonded on the back and underside with this epoxy after glueing. I am hoping for one pillar on the right long heavy base that will be mostly under the sand. If I have to I will place a narrower pillar at the left end. This whole piece will be placed on the right side of the aquarium angling from the back to the front and will be just a little longer than half the length of the aquarium. Height of shelf will not exceed half the tank height. But may be lower depending on how it looks once up on pillar.

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unboxing scaping supplies... check out this epoxy... could it be a game changer for scaping? if so this will save you money!

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working in the scape.

Your friend shared this video with you. Watch it now!

Will be putting a ledge / shelf on top of the base. Right now the base just has the rod holding it. I will be using ca glue and free form epoxy to bond the structure together and keeping it level.

Here is an example but not exactly how the ledge will be designed

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so here is an update on the build. once I received the rock I ordered I changed my mind on the scape so had to order some additional dry rock. decided to buy the colorant and color myself. well I did not buy enough black which is the main base color. when I ordered more and got it I received gray color by mistake.. so once I got the replacement black three days later a tornado hit two blocks away from out home. spent that weekend keeping the cylinder tank going while having no power. so this weekend I got back to work on the rock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back