• Why didn't I think of that!

Results are only viewable after voting.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a CB lost 1 eye while in QT (no idea how)... I still like the fish but as it is now, I won't put it in my DT. I found artificial fish eyes on the net and wonder if I should try to super glue it on

image.jpeg

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are not for living fish...they are for mounting dead fish. Super gluing it on the fish would be cruel and for no reason except cosmetic appearance which the fish doesn't care about. Please don't do that.

Why would you not want him in your tank? I have had one eyed fish that were beautiful and lived long healthy lives.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why somebody who is a moderator on another popular reefing site would even bother to post something like this... Unless of coarse you're a different "albano" from the same area in NY with similar interests....

OuIiwTF.png

Troll Much?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why somebody who is a moderator on another popular reefing site would even bother to post something like this... Unless of coarse you're a different "albano" from the same area in NY with similar interests....

OuIiwTF.png

Troll Much?
Haters are gonna hate the best forum out there:D It's sad though. If hes gonna troll you figured he'd be smart about it;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
albano

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, same albano... but I don’t think that I’ve posted anything about that or another site in any of my posts.

Hope hope this is a joke..
I was kidding... saw the fake fish eyes and couldn’t resist.

Please remember that I wrote the ‘what’s wrong with you’ answer option for the poll.

For the record, I took the CB with 1 eye from someone that didn’t want it, after QT it will go in my DT.

Not a hater... definitely a joker... most people that know me will tell you that.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@albano Sorry then, we've had other folks from over there who are openly critical of the way things are done here as you've been in the past who have legit just come over to troll. Hard to not know without context hence I asked the question. It's all good though, as you know it's impossible to "read" somebody's tone.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st thing that came to mind was this guy's gotta be joking . I voted "why didn't I think of this " ! LOL I like the patch idea , So Albano's a big joker ,I agree ! Hey when You come up with a "real good" story let us know.

I'm still chuckling !

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, same albano... but I don’t think that I’ve posted anything about that or another site in any of my posts.

I was kidding... saw the fake fish eyes and couldn’t resist.

Please remember that I wrote the ‘what’s wrong with you’ answer option for the poll.

For the record, I took the CB with 1 eye from someone that didn’t want it, after QT it will go in my DT.

Not a hater... definitely a joker... most people that know me will tell you that.

I think you should be kind and super glue one of those eyes onto it just so it won't feel different from the rest of the fish. While you are at it, may as well give that CB some eyelash and fin extensions and a maybe even a tramp stamp just to help with its self-confidence and low self-esteem issues. Or just gouge out one of the eyes on all of its tank mates just to keep everything fair.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait. They do it for horses, dogs, and cats. Maybe the op is concerned for the damaged area being an attraction for other fish to cause more damage? I'm hoping anyway...

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too bad my tank is too small. I'd adopt him in a heartbeat. My son and I would call him One Eyed Willie from the Goonies.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you'd have to get one surgically installed. Don't think the super glue would hold. Maybe contact a few local vets to see if anyone is game! Maybe they could put a tiny camera on his missing eye side, then hang a little mini ipad or something around his neck? Just throwing out ideas here...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back