Prosthetic eye for Coral Beauty

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by albano, Oct 8, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. What's wrong with you?

4. Why didn't I think of that!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. albano

albano Member

a CB lost 1 eye while in QT (no idea how)... I still like the fish but as it is now, I won't put it in my DT. I found artificial fish eyes on the net and wonder if I should try to super glue it on

image.jpeg

Tags:

2. saltyhog

saltyhog Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018

Those are not for living fish...they are for mounting dead fish. Super gluing it on the fish would be cruel and for no reason except cosmetic appearance which the fish doesn't care about. Please don't do that.

Why would you not want him in your tank? I have had one eyed fish that were beautiful and lived long healthy lives.

3. Geebs19

Geebs19 Give me all the Euphyllia R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Im going to go with a no on this one. Would you like something glued to your face? Just put him in the DT and give him a good name with a good story about how it lost its eye.

Dsnakes, PranK, mattzang and 11 others like this.
  4. Flexin

Flexin Well-Known Member

Hope hope this is a joke..

Nyke73, Dsnakes, Brian1f1 and 16 others like this.
  5. mta_morrow

mta_morrow It costs HOW much?!!! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

2862EB70-F92C-4124-BF31-03E8FCE108FD.gif Keep him as is and name him Nick Fury

I seriously hope you are not going to glue a fake eye to your coral beauty.

Nyke73, Dsnakes, bobbyM and 11 others like this.
  6. Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer Been there done that.. R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I went with the what’s wrong with you.. lol

I like the eye patch idea..

3571146C-66F0-4947-B083-9D896D34C759.jpeg

Nyke73, Dsnakes, cracker and 3 others like this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Ethical fish keeping right here......

Nyke73, Dsnakes, mattzang and 7 others like this.
  8. Amoo

Amoo Kills SPS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Not sure why somebody who is a moderator on another popular reefing site would even bother to post something like this... Unless of coarse you're a different "albano" from the same area in NY with similar interests....

[​IMG]

Troll Much?

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Haters are gonna hate the best forum out there:D It's sad though. If hes gonna troll you figured he'd be smart about it;Hilarious;Hilarious

10. albano

albano Member

No, same albano... but I don’t think that I’ve posted anything about that or another site in any of my posts.

I was kidding... saw the fake fish eyes and couldn’t resist.

Please remember that I wrote the ‘what’s wrong with you’ answer option for the poll.

For the record, I took the CB with 1 eye from someone that didn’t want it, after QT it will go in my DT.

Not a hater... definitely a joker... most people that know me will tell you that.

11. Amoo

Amoo Kills SPS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

@albano Sorry then, we've had other folks from over there who are openly critical of the way things are done here as you've been in the past who have legit just come over to troll. Hard to not know without context hence I asked the question. It's all good though, as you know it's impossible to "read" somebody's tone.

Mayerlyn A, Dsnakes, Idoc and 4 others like this.
  12. Dennis McGrath

Dennis McGrath Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

It's GOT to be a joke.

13. cracker

cracker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

1st thing that came to mind was this guy's gotta be joking . I voted "why didn't I think of this " ! LOL I like the patch idea , So Albano's a big joker ,I agree ! Hey when You come up with a "real good" story let us know.

I'm still chuckling !

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Dsnakes, Idoc and Fin like this.
  14. KrisReef

KrisReef Active Member

I think you should be kind and super glue one of those eyes onto it just so it won't feel different from the rest of the fish. While you are at it, may as well give that CB some eyelash and fin extensions and a maybe even a tramp stamp just to help with its self-confidence and low self-esteem issues. Or just gouge out one of the eyes on all of its tank mates just to keep everything fair.

Nyke73, dricc, WWIII and 3 others like this.
  15. Katrina71

Katrina71 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Wait. They do it for horses, dogs, and cats. Maybe the op is concerned for the damaged area being an attraction for other fish to cause more damage? I'm hoping anyway...

cracker likes this.
  16. Katrina71

Katrina71 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Too bad my tank is too small. I'd adopt him in a heartbeat. My son and I would call him One Eyed Willie from the Goonies.

cracker and Idoc like this.
  17. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Pretty sure you'd have to get one surgically installed. Don't think the super glue would hold. Maybe contact a few local vets to see if anyone is game! Maybe they could put a tiny camera on his missing eye side, then hang a little mini ipad or something around his neck? Just throwing out ideas here...

18. saltyhog

saltyhog Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018

LOL. We've established it was a joke. The sad thing is that it wouldn't be far removed from some of the things I've seen people post on forums that were serious as cancer! :D

Dsnakes, Nate77, KrisReef and 2 others like this.
  19. Flexin

Flexin Well-Known Member

The real question is, who voted yes o_O

20. DSC reef

Clicking on the vote will tell you. Spoiler alert, lol

Lovemyreef2015, Dsnakes, PDR and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted