Protein Skimmer Advice

Anthony Malagisi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to spend under $200, look at Somatic 60, Simplicity 120. There are other options as well

I've never read anything positive about Coralife skimmers
 
If you want to spend under $200, look at Somatic 60, Simplicity 120. There are other options as well

I've never read anything positive about Coralife skimmers
Not without doing a few mods anyway.
 
This looks suspiciously similar to the terrible G220 skimmer. I would avoid and look at Bubble Magus skimmers which tend to work well and will be well within your budget for your tank size.
 
I also recommend Bubble Magus. My Curve 5 works very well on my 50 gallon system.
 
Just set up a sca302 and it's skimming after less than 24 hours! A beast with great reviews for under$200.
IMG_20180414_194730.jpg
Screenshot_20180413-192104.jpg
 
Well I unfortunately ordered the 220 gallon one before any replies to this post and it will be here weds either I'm going to send it back and order that sca302 or take my chances and try it out there are mixed reviews about it so will see
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new