Protein skimmer help plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter matt62950
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

matt62950

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
21
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had this skimmer on my tank for a few months no no issue, but today I notice it’s almost full so I dump out the waste and put the cup back on and now it just instantly filling up and overflowing any ideas?

image.jpg
 
Hard to tell, it looks like a hob skimmer? If so, I had one years ago that used a O ring to set the cup height. Is it possible when you reinstalled the cup you pushed the O ring retainer down? Just a guess.
 
Hard to tell, it looks like a hob skimmer? If so, I had one years ago that used a O ring to set the cup height. Is it possible when you reinstalled the cup you pushed the O ring retainer down? Just a guess.
Thanks I’m gonna go to bed now and get a fresh start on it in the morning and yes it’s a hob skimmer actually has done an amazing job up until tonight just thankful I noticed before going to bed due to the leaking thanks tho I’ll try that tomorrow if not could you recommend a nice skimmer for a 75 gal with no sump?
 
Thanks I’m gonna go to bed now and get a fresh start on it in the morning and yes it’s a hob skimmer actually has done an amazing job up until tonight just thankful I noticed before going to bed due to the leaking thanks tho I’ll try that tomorrow if not could you recommend a nice skimmer for a 75 gal with no sump?
I wouldn't know. I had my hob on my first tank 10 years ago. I just recently built my new tank but used a sump. I'm sure somebody here will reccomend something tomorrow. Have a good night!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new