Protein Skimmer Question

Tank Lazy D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all!

I have a small Protein skimmer on my 20 cube that is having some issues. It is a Reef Glass Nano tube with a rubber stopper on the top that has an inflow point and out flow point. The skimmer stopped producing bubbles so i cleaned out the tubbing, lots of stuff! Now it seams the pressure is to high in the tube. When I pull the top rubber stopper off just a it, it starts to bubble like crazy. When i put it on to just make a very light seal, it gets sucked down and no bubbling occurs. Any ideas?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all!

I have a small Protein skimmer on my 20 cube that is having some issues. It is a Reef Glass Nano tube with a rubber stopper on the top that has an inflow point and out flow point. The skimmer stopped producing bubbles so i cleaned out the tubbing, lots of stuff! Now it seams the pressure is to high in the tube. When I pull the top rubber stopper off just a it, it starts to bubble like crazy. When i put it on to just make a very light seal, it gets sucked down and no bubbling occurs. Any ideas?

yeah remove it...seriously though did you see a real benefit to having the skimmer? I believe these nano skimmers need adjustment constantly.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the skimmer gets it’s air source from has to be plugged .
as soon as you open the plug you’re allowing air in .

A little different but my skimmer is a external skimmer. .
Mrc mr-2
The way the collection cup works , it flows into a air tight container with a ball acts as a overflow.
When it’s full it blocks the air making the skimmer stop working

OP
OP
Tank Lazy D

Tank Lazy D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the skimmer gets it’s air source from has to be plugged .
as soon as you open the plug you’re allowing air in .

A little different but my skimmer is a external skimmer. .
Mrc mr-2
The way the collection cup works , it flows into a air tight container with a ball acts as a overflow.
When it’s full it blocks the air making the skimmer stop working
Thank you! I will check the Air tube going in. I didn't look at that as I thought that wouldn't plug since there is nothing flowing into that. But maybe the rod going down to the reactor part has a plug.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back