Protein skimmer replacement pump

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a hob aquamaxx skimmer. The guy didn't have the original sicce pump as it had stopped working for him. So he gave me a regular submersible pump which we tested and it seemed to work. My question is, I know skimmer pumps are needle wheel pumps and I was wondering, would it work effectively with the simple submersible pump I currently have? I got the skimmer for 30$ altogether so I thought it was a really good deal since a new aquamaxx shark pump is only about 110. So if I need to replace it, it's still much cheaper than a brand new skimmer. Especially since he had the bubble stopped as well. Also curious to know if anyone would have a suggestion for what replacement pump I should buy if I should buy a new one. Should I just stick with the aquamaxx tyst it comes stock with or is there better options? Thanks!

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't give you any real info here but replacement skimmer pumps are always crazy expensive and there is usually an ebay Chinese knock off that can be bought cheaper

OP
OP
Kynzo

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't give you any real info here but replacement skimmer pumps are always crazy expensive and there is usually an ebay Chinese knock off that can be bought cheaper
Yeah I've noticed haha. The pump he gave me was an ecoplus 264 I think, which is only 30$ so relatively inexpensive compared to the shark 1.0.

OP
OP
Kynzo

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone delete this thread pls, thanks

Back