Protein skimmer sponge.

To(meany)Tang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2022
Messages
412
Reaction score
494
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a bubble magus qq3 HOB protein skimmer and ive tried looking online everywhere I even read the instruction and maintenance manuals but found nothing. This skimmer has a bubble diffusing sponge in it and I know I'm supposed to clean the skimmer routinely but what about the sponge? How often should I clean it if at all? Will it force me to break in the skimmer again by cleaning the sponge? Thank you
 
Hey guys I have a bubble magus qq3 HOB protein skimmer and ive tried looking online everywhere I even read the instruction and maintenance manuals but found nothing. This skimmer has a bubble diffusing sponge in it and I know I'm supposed to clean the skimmer routinely but what about the sponge? How often should I clean it if at all? Will it force me to break in the skimmer again by cleaning the sponge? Thank you
Don’t be concerned with sponge
It’s exactly that- diffuser
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new