Protein skimmer suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickynels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nickynels

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
15
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have been in the hobby for almost 2 years now and I am looking for a protein skimmer to fit in the rear sump of my 23g Red Sea max nano. Before my new tank I never had one on my old 75g tank which was also a complete failure. I currently have a light bioload (1 shrimp, 3 coral frags, live sand and live rock) and I also do 10% water changes every week. I plan on adding more corals and fish later on and need a compact skimmer to fit in the 2.5 inch width of the rear sump. I also want one more easy to access and less noise producing than the tunze 9001 comline skimmer that I just tried out and it was driving me nuts. Any suggestions? Thanks
 
Thanks just looked it up and it seems perfect
 
I can tell you that IOAOI skimmers are great!
Inexpensive workhorse!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new