Protein skimmers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone knows why these are out of stock every where. Cannot find them at all and every site says it off stock. Are they making a new model?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had a perfect storm of problems cause severe shortages and backorders. Germany, where our factory is located had a nearly 2 month lockdown in the spring of 2020, at the same time demand spiked dramatically and has not let up, we also face shortages of raw materials and components due to the lockdowns of suppliers. Shipping has only gotten worse, without passenger travel there are fewer planes and sea lines are struggling to find and keep healthy crews, they also have extended quarantines that cause long delays. These products do come in, but in quantities far short of what is needed to make any real progress, it will likely be some months before we catch up and products return to a normal stock on hand situation, this is a global shortage and not just in the US.
1615556403310.png

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had a perfect storm of problems cause severe shortages and backorders. Germany, where our factory is located had a nearly 2 month lockdown in the spring of 2020, at the same time demand spiked dramatically and has not let up, we also face shortages of raw materials and components due to the lockdowns of suppliers. Shipping has only gotten worse, without passenger travel there are fewer planes and sea lines are struggling to find and keep healthy crews, they also have extended quarantines that cause long delays. These products do come in, but in quantities far short of what is needed to make any real progress, it will likely be some months before we catch up and products return to a normal stock on hand situation, this is a global shortage and not just in the US.
1615556403310.png
Thank you for your response I greatly appreciate it. That stinks as I was excited to try one of your skimmers but I may have to go another route now as im not sure I can wait several more months. Good luck with everything

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to clarify, for the time being, you can get one within a few weeks, but you have to be in the right place at the right time, they do come in in very small quantities every couple weeks on average, but each dealer gets 1-10 at a time and they sell out in minutes to hours. What will take months is a situation where when you want it you can get it any time and our warehouse and every dealer is fully stocked.

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke directly to Roger the other day I was told Hopefully by April they will start coming in again but could be awhile before increased availability.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back